Safest bumper for a car accident?

You can always grab a warn without the bar.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12022_402_07.htm
Or the metalcloak build your own and add the stinger when you go wheeling and remove it when you are done.

https://metalcloak.com/jeep-tj-lj-w...ries/tj-lj-wrangler-bumpers.html#subCategory1
Someone on the forums has a MC one can't for the life of me remember who. Maybe @Chris will remember and he can tell you how much he likes/dislikes it.

Yeah those are cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safest for the person driving or being hit? Honestly any steel bumper will hold up fine. The frame is going to buckle before your bumper gets significantly damaged. This was a 40mph hit. Bent my frame but the bumper was fine.

20180308_150934.jpg

20180408_152541.jpg

People hate on chrome but I hate the overdone blacked out look... it looks just as bad as angry eyes and eyelashes so I guess that’s what’s great about jeeps everyone has there own taste when it comes to look. Give me classic stainless steel any day

I don't know about anyone else but I would much prefer stainless anything over chrome. Two totally different objects that can look very similar but don't necessarily have to.

... what makes jeeps great is the freedom of mods. Personally I think the overdone black wheels, black fenders, black top, black interior, black steps, black everything looks like your trying to hard but I don’t criticize it because I think that’s what gives the Jeep community it’s awesome freedom

Freedom is freedom and it's good to see that you have no problem with others doing what they want. I'm not sure if your dad is limiting your freedom or not. He doesn't want a stinger but if you're trying to not "kill the other person" you probably would be better off staying away from that. Just imagine if the yellow Jeep Boinked posted hit that car in the driver's door.

As for whatever kind of bumper you're looking for, I have no idea what is best.

Good Luck and post a picture of your Jeep both before (like today/tomorrow) and after with the bumper.:)

I don't know about anyone else but I would much prefer stainless anything over chrome. Two totally different objects that can look very similar but don't necessarily have to.

Freedom is freedom and it's good to see that you have no problem with others doing what they want. I'm not sure if your dad is limiting your freedom or not. He doesn't want a stinger but if you're trying to not "kill the other person" you probably would be better off staying away from that. Just imagine if the yellow Jeep Boinked posted hit that car in the driver's door.

As for whatever kind of bumper you're looking for, I have no idea what is best.

Good Luck and post a picture of your Jeep both before (like today/tomorrow) and after with the bumper.:)

Ok I will! Yeah I’m not that bad of a driver but I get how he’s worried... a stinger to the head would be bad for anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on the forums has a MC one can't for the life of me remember who. Maybe @Chris will remember and he can tell you how much he likes/dislikes it.

I've never run a Metalcloak bumper, nor do I know anyone who has.

The only way I would greatly dislike it is if it was a huge stinger bumper, in which case I think those things are just ugly as sin from a cosmetic standpoint. ;)

Of course if you rear-end someone with one, chances are you're going to pretty easily total their vehicle!

I've never run a Metalcloak bumper, nor do I know anyone who has.

The only way I would greatly dislike it is if it was a huge stinger bumper, in which case I think those things are just ugly as sin from a cosmetic standpoint. ;)

Of course if you rear-end someone with one, chances are you're going to pretty easily total their vehicle!
I know I have seen some people on the forums have them in there build threads. I thought you might remember who.

I know I’m going to get flamed here... but what lights do you recommend? I want to put a couple lights on the bumper but I can’t justify spending so much money on KC hi lights and I like the look. KC sells the plastic brush guard with the KC logo, what’s stopping me from putting that plastic guard over another cheaper brands headlights? Sure they won’t be that bright but all I’d use the lights for is lighting up my campsite on weekends.

I know I’m going to get flamed here... but what lights do you recommend? I want to put a couple lights on the bumper but I can’t justify spending so much money on KC hi lights and I like the look. KC sells the plastic brush guard with the KC logo, what’s stopping me from putting that plastic guard over another cheaper brands headlights? Sure they won’t be that bright but all I’d use the lights for is lighting up my campsite on weekends.
Open up another can of worms, will ya?!
Right now the Greatest Thing in Lighting is LEDs. Bright, cheap, available in just about any configuration. Tried them, hated them. I can't see anything with the blue tint, and they made everything look the brightness was up too high. I went back to halogen.
The headlights are Hella eurocode types, with a 80/100 watt bulb.
My fogs are by Hella, their 550 series. They are turned out about 15 degrees for use as cornering lights.
My driving lights are from Rampage, 55 watts each.
What ever you choose, get a good, name brand. I tried to cheap out and wound up paying more in the end to replace the cheap and get the good name brand.