TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Salon owner in Salem fined / investigated

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member

I’m so pissed, they sent DHS-CPSafter her as well OHSA and threatening to take her and her contractors beauty licenses away.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Squatch

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I saw this. She says she's still going to continue to stay open though.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I hope Trump gets involved and overrides OSHA. Fuck those assholes, fuck Kate Brown, and fuck these dictator like governors.

Reactions: Rubi04 and Tomcat

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I'm still confused on how OSHA, a federal entity, is enforcing a state requirement/executive order. If the president declared martial law or similar to close things down, I would understand, but this is the governor.

I do have concerns about catching/spreading covid, but I can choose NOT to get a haircut. I see no problem with salons opening with only a few precautions.

Reactions: Rubi04
OP
Rubi04

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
I'm still confused on how OSHA, a federal entity, is enforcing a state requirement/executive order. If the president declared martial law or similar to close things down, I would understand, but this is the governor.

I do have concerns about catching/spreading covid, but I can choose NOT to get a haircut. I see no problem with salons opening with only a few precautions.
I’m not familiar with how osha runs. I thought they were state ran but went by federal regulations? If they are state employees, they are state controlled.

they are hitting her from four different fronts. I’m just sitting here in disbelief. 😡🤬

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I’m not familiar with how osha runs. I thought they were state ran but went by federal regulations? If they are state employees, they are state controlled.

they are hitting her from four different fronts. I’m just sitting here in disbelief. 😡🤬
That stupid bitch Kate Brown is mad she isn’t getting her way.

• Angry

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast

That's right, OSHA is a state by state thing. Some are more lenient than others, but in liberal utopia states they operate as a way to funnel money to the governor's favorite contractors. We had them come into the place I work a few years back and demand we put in eyewash stations. It's a plastic tub that you can just bend over, look down and push the button and have your eyes blasted with water. Required in places that deal with harsh chemicals. I work in a bakery. A very old bakery that had never been required to have these before. The contractor that installed the things was from the state capital.

I hate to say this, but I told you so. Not you personally, you people, in general. I've been saying to anyone who will listen for decades that we no longer live in a free society. Everything, and I do mean everything, you do is regulated by some government stooge. They like to stay invisible, but they are there. The war on personal freedom was lost a long time ago, we simply don't have that any more. When they decide to tighten the noose, like say during a somewhat made up "pandemic", the tools for doing so are already in place.

We're boned, they have all the power, we have nothing. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

• Angry
Reactions: Rubi04 and Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
That's right, OSHA is a state by state thing. Some are more lenient than others, but in liberal utopia states they operate as a way to funnel money to the governor's favorite contractors. We had them come into the place I work a few years back and demand we put in eyewash stations. It's a plastic tub that you can just bend over, look down and push the button and have your eyes blasted with water. Required in places that deal with harsh chemicals. I work in a bakery. A very old bakery that had never been required to have these before. The contractor that installed the things was from the state capital.

I hate to say this, but I told you so. Not you personally, you people, in general. I've been saying to anyone who will listen for decades that we no longer live in a free society. Everything, and I do mean everything, you do is regulated by some government stooge. They like to stay invisible, but they are there. The war on personal freedom was lost a long time ago, we simply don't have that any more. When they decide to tighten the noose, like say during a somewhat made up "pandemic", the tools for doing so are already in place.

We're boned, they have all the power, we have nothing. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.
Truer words were never spoken.

This is indeed the sad reality of it.

Makes me almost idolize the homeless people on the street, who don't abide by any of these rules, don't have to deal with any of these agencies, and just live in their own lawless society, where our laws and rules do not apply to them (except only the most serious ones).

OP
Rubi04

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
Truer words were never spoken.

This is indeed the sad reality of it.

Makes me almost idolize the homeless people on the street, who don't abide by any of these rules, don't have to deal with any of these agencies, and just live in their own lawless society, where our laws and rules do not apply to them (except only the most serious ones).
It makes me understand the nomads. The people who live in vans and RV’s. I think most live a clean and honest life but do not conform to society in many ways. I’m not talking about the old retired couple who snowbird. I’m talking about those to travel around, live simple and just do their thing.

I used to laugh at them. Never understood them, I own a house and work and pay taxes.

reality is, I’m the sucker. They laugh at ME. And with good reason.

thanks for the OSHA explanation. It sucks and I truly have hatred in my heart for the government at this point in my life.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
It makes me understand the nomads. The people who live in vans and RV’s. I think most live a clean and honest life but do not conform to society in many ways. I’m not talking about the old retired couple who snowbird. I’m talking about those to travel around, live simple and just do their thing.

I used to laugh at them. Never understood them, I own a house and work and pay taxes.

reality is, I’m the sucker. They laugh at ME. And with good reason.

thanks for the OSHA explanation. It sucks and I truly have hatred in my heart for the government at this point in my life.
Oh, I agree 100%.

I tell my wife this all the time, that if we didn't have kids and it was just us (or if I was single), I'd have a storage unit where I kept most of my belongings, I would buy a small RV, and I would just travel around, live off the land the best I could, and try to stay off the grid.

I see the homeless here in Salem, and while I initially despised them for being bums and not working, now I understand it. They don't pay taxes, people give them free money, free food, and bend over backwards to help them.

As a police officer you can't fine them or ticket them, because they have no address, no way of paying it, etc.

To them, WE are the joke. Living in our homes, paying these ridiculous property taxes, having to deal with idiot politicians, etc. We're held down by the chains of society, whereas they live free without a care in the world.

Got a medical problem? Don't worry, go to the hospital and the state will take care of it. Hungry? No worries, there's free meals every day. No need to worry about paying bills or anything.

Like I said, at first I couldn't understand why someone would want to live in a tent in the woods, but now I get it. Their definition of a "home" is not the same as our definition. Most of them don't even consider themselves "homeless".

OP
Rubi04

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
Oh, I agree 100%.

I tell my wife this all the time, that if we didn't have kids and it was just us (or if I was single), I'd have a storage unit where I kept most of my belongings, I would buy a small RV, and I would just travel around, live off the land the best I could, and try to stay off the grid.

I see the homeless here in Salem, and while I initially despised them for being bums and not working, now I understand it. They don't pay taxes, people give them free money, free food, and bend over backwards to help them.

As a police officer you can't fine them or ticket them, because they have no address, no way of paying it, etc.

To them, WE are the joke. Living in our homes, paying these ridiculous property taxes, having to deal with idiot politicians, etc. We're held down by the chains of society, whereas they live free without a care in the world.

Got a medical problem? Don't worry, go to the hospital and the state will take care of it. Hungry? No worries, there's free meals every day. No need to worry about paying bills or anything.

Like I said, at first I couldn't understand why someone would want to live in a tent in the woods, but now I get it. Their definition of a "home" is not the same as our definition. Most of them don't even consider themselves "homeless".
Yep. Kids keep me on the “normal” path.

I just need to find a free(Er) state and move.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Yep. Kids keep me on the “normal” path.

I just need to find a free(Er) state and move.
South Dakota or Wyoming.

Pretty sure South Dakota didn't even shut down whatsoever during this fictional "pandemic". The only governor in the U.S. that has some actually balls (and she's a woman!).

I still wish this country was more Libertarian and that government was involved in as little as possible. It's gotten to the point where they have their hands in everything, and only want to get their hands in deeper.

It's going to take nothing short of a literal revolution to change the course we're on.

OP
Rubi04

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
South Dakota or Wyoming.

Pretty sure South Dakota didn't even shut down whatsoever during this fictional "pandemic". The only governor in the U.S. that has some actually balls (and she's a woman!).

I still wish this country was more Libertarian and that government was involved in as little as possible. It's gotten to the point where they have their hands in everything, and only want to get their hands in deeper.

It's going to take nothing short of a literal revolution to change the course we're on.
I wish I could make a living in either state!!!

but you have a great point.

I’m working on finding a new career I could do most anywhere but I’m 41 and don’t want to go back to school!

I wish things had an easy answer but they sure don’t.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I wish I could make a living in either state!!!

but you have a great point.

I’m working on finding a new career I could do most anywhere but I’m 41 and don’t want to go back to school!

I wish things had an easy answer but they sure don’t.
I suspect you'd be fine if you could get a job as a small town Sheriff or Sheriff's deputy.

I would have to imagine that the big city bullshit and bureaucracy isn't present in a very, very small town. Of course they probably don't pay a ton either, so that's a catch 22.

OP
Rubi04

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
I suspect you'd be fine if you could get a job as a small town Sheriff or Sheriff's deputy.

I would have to imagine that the big city bullshit and bureaucracy isn't present in a very, very small town. Of course they probably don't pay a ton either, so that's a catch 22.
Yep! Looked at that. 12-15 bucks a hour for those small town gigs. Yes, they don’t have to deal with some of the large city issues, but the do deal with all the drug issues, drunks and the most dangerous of all, domestic violence.

I get paid $45 an hour now. I really dislike the work anymore. 20 years was enough and it has gave me issues to deal with.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Yep! Looked at that. 12-15 bucks a hour for those small town gigs. Yes, they don’t have to deal with some of the large city issues, but the do deal with all the drug issues, drunks and the most dangerous of all, domestic violence.

I get paid $45 an hour now. I really dislike the work anymore. 20 years was enough and it has gave me issues to deal with.
Do you have a pension now after doing 20 years?