Not open for further replies.
Here ya go.

C5C06B8A-C72C-4067-B6ED-C691A66991C8.png

0EB4EF26-FC55-43EC-AC4E-6592A6414612.png

92F22624-58BE-48F8-BFCD-B301509F5DB7.png

15A88575-AD26-4521-B125-82FA9BAC2F4F.png

A9D07CC0-813F-4B20-B88D-B0E4E07AA78A.png

0478CFE9-81B5-4087-A6A4-2B7D85210AF6.png

I would never buy a salvaged title vehicle, unless I was going to part it out, or use it to build a show car that never went on the road. Insuring a salvage title can be an issue too.

Last edited:
I would never buy a salvaged title vehicle, unless I was going to part it out, or use it to build a show car that never went on the road. Insuring a salvage title can be an issue too.
Not to mention for people like me that buy and sell alot a salvage title kills the value...most of the time in half

Salvage is great if you do your own work. It was the perfect option for me. My rear axle was hit and the rear tub was wrinkled. I did Jk axle swaps and cut the bent sheet metal out and covered with armor. Saved me a bunch of money and it only had 80k miles. I guess if you flip vehicles or looking for a vintage grocery getter it could scare you off. If you're looking to start a build and don't want to pay for stuff you're gonna toss it's a great option.

Welcome to Facebook, it truly sucks ass!

Private groups make it so the rest of us can't see.
I couldn't agree more. It's the new Craigslist. The private groups are even worse. I joined a private "XJ for sale" group. These guys are absolute fucking idiots. They think their clapped-out POS XJ with 3" rough country lift is worth 10k. It is truly a joke.

Last edited:
Salvage are good purchases if you are a DIY'er and you want a trail only rig.

Reactions: Ron505 and P man
I’ve never tried to insure a salvage vehicle. I’m guessing normal insurance companies won’t touch them?

My TJ is a salvage title I bought for 5k. I also knew the vehicle's history as it was owned by a longtime family friend and belonged to a buddy in high school. I've had no issues getting it insured and has been just as reliable as any of my other vehicles. It really depends on what happened to the vehicle. One thing I wouldn't touch is a salvaged title vehicle because it was in a flood.

FWIW, my LJ was also a salvaged title. It was rebuilt by a shop the previous owner "knew" (allegedly). I have no idea what the actual damage was. Looks and drives perfectly for me. Never had an issue. And no problems insuring it.

But, I'm also one of those "DIY" types who isn't scared off by having to fix things. And I didn't buy it with reselling in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.