San Louis Pass

Well we cruised to San Luis pass today. The vid above ain't no BS.
Let's put it this way, If you like to spend an afternoon pulling vehicles out of bone dry sand dunes, then it is the place for you. I was pulling a Chevy 2wd PU out and next to me a 4wd Chevy SUV was pulling a Toyota passenger car out and an XJ was pulling a Wrangler out...all at the same time. And we just did that for 2 hours and then I left.
I cannot believe how dumb drivers are on sand dunes. There were 4 Wrangler set up for rock climbing, all jacked up and full tilt and they just sit there without assisting anyone, just looking. I thought Jeepers would be more helpful, that we were a better class than that. I guess they had done their share of pulling in the past.
Must have seen 100 Wranglers today going to and coming back from Galveston.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Well we cruised to San Luis pass today. The vid above ain't no BS.
Let's put it this way, If you like to spend an afternoon pulling vehicles out of bone dry sand dunes, then it is the place for you. I was pulling a Chevy 2wd PU out and next to me a 4wd Chevy SUV was pulling a Toyota passenger car out and an XJ was pulling a Wrangler out...all at the same time. And we just did that for 2 hours and then I left.
I cannot believe how dumb driver are on sand dunes. There were 4 Wrangler set up for rock climbing, all jacked up and full tilt and they just sit there without assisting anyone, just looking. I thought Jeepers would be more helpful, that we were a better class than that. I guess they had done their share of pulling in the past.
Must have seen 100 Wranglers today going to and coming back from Galveston.
Is it possible they weren't confident they wouldn't get stuck themsleves? I've seen my share of bulllshit from some wrangler owners too. One park up north in MN this guys XJ was stuck and a Jk with some College kids in front of me drove by pointing laughing. I ended up getting it out but that idiot just kept spinning the tires even after he was about as stuck as he could be.