Utah Sand Hollow 2021—After TJ Fest

LONGJP2

TJ Expert
Here's a thread to keep up with whatever may (or may not) develop on going to Sand Hollow after the TJ Fest.

I certainly don't want to be in charge of organizing anything official. Even my own plans are sketchy at best.

Tentative dates are May 1 - 4, 2021

I'll try to update this first post with any relevant information.

imagesZUGKJ9M0.jpg

IMG_1612-640x213.jpg

talon_armstrong_winter_4x4_jamboree_2018.png

Last edited:
Even if I end up camping in Moab (currently have a condo booked), I would still plan on getting a hotel near Sand Hollow. Mostly because I will only be able to stay a few days. I'm thinking about driving up to Bonneville salt flats before heading back east.
Looking at about 3500 miles round trip so far.

This assumes no catastrophic failures in Moab.

Reactions: qslim
I'm driving a big RV and 5 hrs. is a good number. A group of us ( 4 families) are headed to Sand Hollow after as well. Arriving late 4-1 leaving 4-3. Good times!!

Sand hollow is a great time! We're headed down there but not until a month after TJ fest. Don't forget you need a flag to go out there.

Talked to the wife and we are extending our vacation to participate in this.

Arrive in Hurricane May 1st (afternoon).

Wheel May 2nd - May 3rd (Sunday / Monday)

Leave Hurricane May 4th

Me and family should be able to meet up with you all at least one of those days. We have never wheeled there so are hoping to get shown around a bit by someone experience in the area.

Have any of you been there before?

Preliminary Plans is to run Rattlesnake Gulch and Toquerville Falls on Sunday, May 2nd. We'll run the trail in a counterclockwise rotation, stopping at Toquerville Falls for lunch and driving out on Toquerville Falls trail in the reverse direction . After lunch its an easy 5 miles back to the main road so you have the rest of the day to explore or relax.

Rattlesnake Gulch
Toquerville Falls

Meet at the Rattlesnake Gulch Staging Area at 9:00am
37° 13.655'N 113° 15.142'W (#2 on the map)

Ham Radio 146.535
GMRS Ch-18 (462.625 DCS 223)

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Rattlesnake Gulch.gpx
    28.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Toquerville Falls.gpx
    22.3 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: LarryTJ and LONGJP2
Preliminary Plans is to run Rattlesnake Gulch and Toquerville Falls on Sunday, May 2nd. We'll run the trail in a counterclockwise rotation, stopping at Toquerville Falls for lunch and driving out on Toquerville Falls trail in the reverse direction . After lunch its an easy 5 miles back to the main road so you have the rest of the day to explore or relax.

Rattlesnake Gulch
Toquerville Falls

Meet at the Rattlesnake Gulch Staging Area at 9:00am
37° 13.655'N 113° 15.142'W (#2 on the map)

Ham Radio 146.535
GMRS Ch-18 (462.625 DCS 223)

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Great! Those look like amazing trails for someone new to the area. The family and me will be trying to make this with you all. As long as daughter is not to fried from the week in Moab.

Reactions: Dino - KX6D
Made reservations at KOA (5/1-5/3) @ Hurricane. Good thing Sand Hallow is booked along with the other 2-3 state park camp grounds. Hurricane is 7 minutes from Rattlesnake trial head or 15 minutes to Sand Hallow SP.

Rattle snake gulch and the falls trails looks nice.

Last edited: