Savvy control arm prep

Savvy doesn't make the joints. RockJock does (well, Currie Enterprises). Savvy buys a RH and LH threaded JJ body and some Aluminum. They thread the aluminum, screw the JJ's in and Sell em.
Minor point of clarification, Currie Enterprises split into two companies with Ray and Charlie taking Currie with the axle side and John taking the suspension side as Rock Jock.

Minor point of clarification, Currie Enterprises split into two companies with Ray and Charlie taking Currie with the axle side and John taking the suspension side as Rock Jock.
I knew they split...not sure who is making the joints. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) it was still Currie, because they are offered across both companies.

Learn now or learn later but learn you will.
Do you take every J.J. apart to add grease even if there is an obvious attempt/amount around the joint?

Or are you taking every one apart to re-grease with a preferred product for lubrication?

Look at it this way. Greasing them yourself isn’t going to harm anything, and it insures they are well greased when installed. You really wanna pull them apart in 6-9 months to regrease if it could have been avoided on the front end?

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
just so y'all know, I'm not against greasing them, I just wanna know if its necessary or even just better, I take care of my stuff, and I want them to last as long as they can, so if greasing them is best then grease them I will

Reactions: MichaelGH
Are you saying I need more stickers? :unsure:

What is your preferred lube for JJ's?
Redline CV-2 is what I’ve read from him a number of times. Though there’s another thread of folks trying others for climates with high clay content in the soil.

I think I seen someone mention a marine grease. Seems like that would be a good choice for areas with wet climates.

However, I live in a (sometimes) wet, muddy, sandy area and don’t use marine grease in all the other areas up front on the Jeep, so I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️

I have Lucas Red ‘N’ Tacky in everything right now.

I think I seen someone mention a marine grease. Seems like that would be a good choice for areas with wet climates.

However, I live in a (sometimes) wet, muddy, sandy area and don’t use marine grease in all the other areas up front on the Jeep, so I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️

I have Lucas Red ‘N’ Tacky in everything right now.
is the Lucas grease working good for you? I live just north of you so I have a similar climate

I was under the impression that stickers were more horsepower and speed....
OK, here’s the deal.
Stickers for speed; Tires-Goodyear or BFG, etc. Wheels-Cragar, Centerline, you get the idea.
Stickers for H.P.; Motor goodness- Holley, Edelbrock, IskyCams. Lubricants- STP, if you have the racer’s edge, that’s all you need

If you want it all- Speed, Horsepower, & lightness- You must have sew-on patches for your jacket, no other way about it!

Last edited: