Savvy / Currie 4” Suspension Rear Shock Travel

Eric Overman

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Supporting Member
I'm installing the Savvy/Currie 4" suspension on my 01 TJ. I have installed the 1.25" body lift, 1" MML, UCF High Clearance skid, Super Short SYE. Rear [pinion angle is pretty dialed in. What I notice is I have about 6.25" shock shaft showing on my rear Bilstein shocks. There is about 5.25" between bump stops at ride height. At full bump, I have about .5" shaft showing. So, that's all great. However, with so much shaft showing at ride height, I'm reduced to a little over 3" of down travel before the shocks are fully extended. The Bilstein shocks have are 25" extended and 15.40" compressed. Travel is 9.6". Has anyone had this issue, or am I just overthinking this?

Reactions: Rescue6
What is your measured spring height? Mine rode tall before they settled.

There are a couple ways to get extra downtravel at the cost of uptravel if the balance doesn't work. Shock mount relocation brackets will sacrifice uptravel for downtravel. (I had to use them because of the shock body hitting the spring cups.) Bar pin eliminators will also move the shock about 3/8" down.

What is your measured spring height? Mine rode tall before they settled.

There are a couple ways to get extra downtravel at the cost of uptravel if the balance doesn't work. Shock mount relocation brackets will sacrifice uptravel for downtravel. (I had to use them because of the shock body hitting the spring cups.) Bar pin eliminators will also move the shock about 3/8" down.

Are you asking the measurement of spring height at ride height, or spring height when out of the Jeep? The rear spring is 18" when not compressed. I'd have to measure it at ride height. I've considered bar pin eliminators to move the shock down a little bit. I don't have a problem with shocks interfering with the spring perch. If I did, I'd just clearance the perch.

Measure it at ride height. Should be around 12 inches or so. Any more and it may be excess left that may sag with time. Mine probably started out around 13" or so