Savvy Engine and Transmission Skid Fitment

Yea I added the Savvy engine skid to my stock TJR skid. Not really a big deal, just get it lined up and you will need to drill a few holes in the TC skid and just bolt it together. It me longer to figure out how the front supports for the Savvy skid went in than anything else, we all know Savvy is known for there excellent included instructions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It was more like, is this support the drivers side or the passenger side and is this the top or the bottom. After installing it twice I was able to determine the correct position I guess it would be too difficult to stamp passenger or drive up or down.

Now I did have the use of a rack so that does makes this type of work easier.

I used captive nuts (not sure if that's the right name but that's what I call 'em) to take the countersunk screws that came with the Savvy unit to mount the back end to the front of the OEM skid. The real challenge was drilling the four holes in the OEM skid with a 12V cordless drill while laying on my back (yes, I wore safety glasses but I can confirm that metal shavings do NOT taste like chicken...).

1648576567975.png

The real challenge was drilling the four holes in the OEM skid with a 12V cordless drill while laying on my back (yes, I wore safety glasses but I can confirm that metal shavings do NOT taste like chicken...).

you can say that again...I also wore safety glasses but was trying to keep my arm out of the cascade of hot steel chips and I ended up irritating a pinched nerve and couldn't sleep that night. Getting old is no joke.