Savvy gas tank skid?

P

P man

See attached pics is there anyway to know for sure?

Screenshot_20221113-184346_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-184348_Facebook.jpg

I must be losing my damn mind. I swear I saw that they had cut out the sides quite a bit but I cannot find a picture anywhere now. Even Savvy's website shows the original version.

I must be losing my damn mind. I swear I saw that they had cut out the sides quite a bit but I cannot find a picture anywhere now. Even Savvy's website shows the original version.

You're right, they did debut that but I've not seen anyone get one yet (and I think we are well over a year since then). The original design is better, I'm hoping that's the design they have in stock.

Screenshot_20221113-222512.png

Reactions: hosejockey61
They advertise it as stronger. The only thing I see is that the sides are bolted and not welded. After having to repair my cracked welds I wonder if that's where the claim comes from🤷

They advertise it as stronger. The only thing I see is that the sides are bolted and not welded. After having to repair my cracked welds I wonder if that's where the claim comes from🤷

I think so, the welds compromise the temper on the original design. Beyond that, maybe UK flags are supreme.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ

Customer education issue. Cracked welds are not a failure of the skid. The skid has two jobs, hold the tank where it belongs and protect the tank itself from damage. It does that quite well even with a few cracks in the weld area and to date there has never been a single incident that I have seen or heard about where it did not do both of those jobs quite nicely.

You're right, they did debut that but I've not seen anyone get one yet (and I think we are well over a year since then). The original design is better, I'm hoping that's the design they have in stock.

View attachment 376618

I'll find out soon. Finally bit the bullet for the final piece of under-armor (took their inventory from 14 to 13).
Cruising for threads on the topic.
I had the tank out some months ago for the fill valve fix but the skids were not available back then so guess it was a practice run on tank R/R.

Reactions: rasband
About how I did with the Savvy sliders; they sat in the box for 6 months before I got A Round To It.
Waiting to hear what you find.

So long as yours weren't hand modified by Gerald himself, you're probably in better shape than some...

• Haha
Reactions: rasband