Savvy LJK

If they are it's not stopping them. A Jeep dealer around me is modifying new JLs with junky suspension lifts and ugly aftermarket bumpers and adjusting the price by $26k+.... Maybe a way to get around the manufacture from knowing? Similar treatment to any trucks they get in.

Part of the reason I'm buying from a dealer 500 miles away who would sign on a firm price.

Yeah, I'm sure for the amount of money moving around they are trying anything and everything to get away with it. Dealerships don't exactly have a stellar reputation lol.

But yep that's the way to do it that's what I did when I ordered my car. Contrsct for MSRP or I'll just walk down the street to the next VW dealer ..

Don't buy new.

Definitely. I've had good results with 1-2 year old rental resales. Those big rental fleets keep the cars clean and maintained. As far as the rental customers beating the cars up, plenty of new car owners treat em like shit and they hold up just fine with the electronics limiting the abuse.

Unless you have a set of very specific options you need, then special order it new and lock in a price.

The car business is a shit show, from top to bottom. I spent 15 years in the franchise dealer service world and would never go back.

I have ordered 3 JL Rubicon this year. All 3 took about 3 months from calling the dealer to delivery. My power wagon was about 2.5 months. Maybe you ordered a specific option that is slowing down delivery?

Let’s be honest, Portland hasn’t been cool for a while.

Portland was very cool 20 years ago when I was dating my wife. She lived out there and I always liked the downtown area - especially the waterfront.

It’s a damn shame what‘s happened.

I've been hearing the NC DMV is a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

The CO DMV is also a pain in the ass in my opinion. Every single time I buy a car it's a monthlong ordeal to get registration. It's always the same thing too, they don't have record of my insurance as if I have any control over that

• Sad
Reactions: RINC

It can be. I had one title (old car) that took a year to get start to finish. Granted, some of that was me not rushing, but 3/4 of that was jumping through BS hoops and dealing with typical bureaucrats. :mad:

The CO DMV is also a pain in the ass in my opinion. Every single time I buy a car it's a monthlong ordeal to get registration. It's always the same thing too, they don't have record of my insurance as if I have any control over that

Both states stunk as a trucker with a permit load.

Reactions: John Cooper