Savvy (nonexistent) customer service

Seems like a lot of multi-million dollar business owners with very low post counts coming on here recently just to complain about other companies poor customer service and looking for others to stroke their own ego's and assure them they are "in the right"... while simultaneously going off on anyone with a difference of opinion.

Must be Covid related.

Gotta love a guy referencing post counts on a fucking Jeep forum talking about ego stroking. You can’t make this shit up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I won’t be apologizing for running a successful company that provides exceptional customer service. Once upon a time that was considered admirable.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Poor customer service isn't acceptable.

However, when you have people who are still willing to pay for the products regardless of the poor customer service, I think that says something. People want their products enough that they're willing to look past the bullshit.

I don't know how long Savvy's been around, but even with great products, it doesn't seem sustainable. I would think that eventually, even the most diehard supporter would get tired of getting treated like they don't matter. Different people have different levels of tolerance, I suppose.

That doesn't go for everyone, but you catch the drift.

Bottom line is that I think Savvy are a bunch of fucktards when it comes to the way they run their "business". However, I like the products enough that I'll deal with their bullshit.

I actually called Savvy out publicly on Instagram (from the forum's Instagram account) about their piss poor customer service. Guess what they did? Blocked me without even a single response!

So yeah, they're aware of the shit show they're running, they just don't give a fuck because people will keep buying their stuff regardless.

Again, I can't see how it's sustainable. I will say that the ONE TIME I called the number on the site with a couple questions, the phone was answered, the answers were complete and delivered in a very professional manner, and while closing the call, the guy even gave me a discount code for when I place my order.

Once I was talking to Dave from Rokmen, and he told me (paraphrased) "I started making stuff for myself. Then a couple friends. Then a forum got a couple pictures and I had so much work to do that I couldn't even wheel on the weekends... Turning a hobby into a business is a great way to ruin a hobby".

I don't know how long Savvy's been around, but even with great products, it doesn't seem sustainable. I would think that eventually, even the most diehard supporter would get tired of getting treated like they don't matter. Different people have different levels of tolerance, I suppose.

Again, I can't see how it's sustainable. I will say that the ONE TIME I called the number on the site with a couple questions, the phone was answered, the answers were complete and delivered in a very professional manner, and while closing the call, the guy even gave me a discount code for when I place my order.

Once I was talking to Dave from Rokmen, and he told me (paraphrased) "I started making stuff for myself. Then a couple friends. Then a forum got a couple pictures and I had so much work to do that I couldn't even wheel on the weekends... Turning a hobby into a business is a great way to ruin a hobby".
It doesn’t need to be sustainable. The TJ is a dead platform and eventually all these companies will phase out products once they become unprofitable. Not to say others won’t pop up to fill the void, but I highly doubt the TJ line of Savvy products will last forever.

And all I know is with 7 orders from Savvy, I got my product right 6 times... the 7th took a couple attempts to get someone on the phone but once I did they made it right immediately.

My guess is that the people who come to complain are just the vocal minority.

It doesn’t need to be sustainable. The TJ is a dead platform and eventually all these companies will phase out products once they become unprofitable. Not to say others won’t pop up to fill the void, but I highly doubt the TJ line of Savvy products will last forever.
They make products for more than the TJ. But I think the big thing is just enthusiasts will put up with a lot when they perceive the value as high. Try restoring a much older car, making progress is much harder.

That’s not to say it’s right, and good customer service is a very good thing to have, but that’s just not the benchmark.

You make a good point about the lifespan of TJ products... I also meant to say regarding people buying Savvy as fast (or faster) than parts can be made could have something to do with the rabid nature of those who use the products (They make good stuff, I understand). I've been a member here since January 2019, and while I haven't gone looking for it, this is the first bad post I've ready about Savvy.

They are a large part of my build plan because of what I've heard and read and seen (on the web, have yet to check it out in person), but this kind of press does give one pause.

And all I know is with 7 orders from Savvy, I got my product right 6 times... the 7th took a couple attempts to get someone on the phone but once I did they made it right immediately.

My guess is that the people who come to complain are just the vocal minority.

That's a solid review (imo). I feel for the OP and I hope that he gets the answers he needs and satisfaction. But, yes... a vocal minority would be par for the course on the internet, wouldn't it?

That’s not to say it’s right, and good customer service is a very good thing to have, but that’s just not the benchmark.
A speed/machine shop I used to work for had a prick of an owner. He was rude, arrogant and condescending, but he was brilliant.
I've seen him push a 100k job out the door and tell a customer to fuck off.
It never affected his business. He had customers that would wait a year to get their vehicle into the shop.

A speed/machine shop I used to work for had a prick of an owner. He was rude, arrogant and condescending, but he was brilliant.
It never affected his business. He had customers that would wait a year to get their vehicle into the shop.
On the flip side, I can think of a some popular companies/brands that wouldn't be what they are if their much lauded customer service wasn't what it is even though the products are inferior.

Reactions: williambmac
On the flip side, I can think of a some popular companies/brands that wouldn't be what they are if their much lauded customer service wasn't what it is even though the products are inferior.
Free parts and clever marketing go a very long way to make up for deficiencies in the product.

The other thing your old shop had going for it is that speed shops with good machinists are a dying breed. I think our shop is one of like, 3 left in Colorado that still knows what a carburetor is... :rolleyes: I weep for the fuel injected, computer controlled future

Yep. Sadly I still have one of those parts. It is a purdy gold color though. That has to count for something.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: tworley and jjvw
You might say a bunch of arm chair CEOs.

I won’t defend Savvy’s customer service beyond saying they’ve always made things right when there was an issue.
Then there is no issue with the Fox Savvy Tuned 2.0’s, bc I never got a response after two very nice inquiries. They still ride like shit though. No ill feelings toward them from me though. I like all the other products I’ve purchased from them, and the customer service always came through on the two other issues I’ve had.

You make a good point about the lifespan of TJ products... I also meant to say regarding people buying Savvy as fast (or faster) than parts can be made could have something to do with the rabid nature of those who use the products (They make good stuff, I understand). I've been a member here since January 2019, and while I haven't gone looking for it, this is the first bad post I've ready about Savvy.

They are a large part of my build plan because of what I've heard and read and seen (on the web, have yet to check it out in person), but this kind of press does give one pause.
It's mysterious to those who don't get it. But if you understand what you are getting from Savvy, there is no other choice. And that in no way is a defense of what is at issue here. If there were truly comparable alternatives, Savvy would likely not survive the way they are.

If your too busy for customer service, it’s bc you are doing something right where it counts.

I’d rather buy the products direct from @mrblaine. A few design aspects would be different, and I’d prefer to put my money 💴 in his pocket.

If your too busy for customer service, it’s bc you are doing something right where it counts.

I’d rather buy the products direct from @mrblaine. A few design aspects would be different, and I’d prefer to put my money 💴 in his pocket.
So true. I just went over to the Black Magics website hoping to order a shirt and sticker. (I don't allow decals on any of my vehicles but I'd make an exception for BMB.) If they ever make a run of shirts I'd be on the list to order.

Reactions: JMT
Time for a another shop to make good products for TJ’s and not have shit customer service.

It’s not that hard.
I don’t know, customer service can be difficult for some people. Maybe it’s easy for you, it’s not easy for me. I deal with people quite a bit, and I can’t deal with them in an offensive way. It can be very challenging, especially if you are the type of person who is into the work of producing a product that is exemplary. In that case, the best thing to do is have other people handle that, but if you’re very particular, it’s hard to even let others do it (And you don’t like training people).

Ok. Follow me here.

I think the OP is really @Chris on a burner account. He may be bored. Who knows. He starts this thread on an alt account to drum up drama. All the while sitting back and laughing.

200.gif