Savvy Off Road is a joke

Sometimes I feel like certain justifications in these types of threads come across as condescending and exclusionary. This does nothing good for anyone, especially the new guy trying learn, understand and experience what a difference good design makes.
It is Is what it is, @jjvw. Read into my response what you may, I prefer to spend my money where they actually want it.

Savvy does make some great products, but they have gotten bad reviews about customer service. I have the gas tank skid and there engine skid. Both of them fit very well, but as others have said there directions or lack of them is also disappointing. I had print out instructions I found on the web from another jeeper when I install my engine skid. Even then it me 2 or 3 time mounting the front brackets to find out which way they should be facing and which was left or right. I don't think it would take much to mark L & R on them.

Reactions: Marc McKinley
The negative Savvy comments don’t bother me. They don’t have a lot of manpower. The website is cobbled together. The change in shipping costs was probably some issue with the website. These guys are wheelers and wrenchers. It is what it is. They live to build rigs and see what works. Get over the customer service thing. If they wanted to be good at that they would be. If they were in it for the money they would be.

They’ve always responded quickly when I had an issue with a purchased product. Otherwise it was pulling teeth. Kudos to Savvy.

It seems to me that the solution is simple. If you want a Savvy product and value customer service as much as the product itself, buy from an authorized reseller that provides the service you desire. Everyone involved with the transaction can do what they do best; everyone wins.

It seems to me that the solution is simple. If you want a Savvy product and value customer service as much as the product itself, buy from an authorized reseller that provides the service you desire. Everyone involved with the transaction can do what they do best; everyone wins.

Can you make it more complicated? What are people supposed to bitch about? ;)

The negative Savvy comments don’t bother me. They don’t have a lot of manpower. The website is cobbled together. The change in shipping costs was probably some issue with the website. These guys are wheelers and wrenchers. It is what it is. They live to build rigs and see what works. Get over the customer service thing. If they wanted to be good at that they would be. If they were in it for the money they would be.

They’ve always responded quickly when I had an issue with a purchased product. Otherwise it was pulling teeth. Kudos to Savvy.
Obviously they have good products and following.
Their weakness is customer service or responding to inquiries, just shut down direct sales and let the retailers handle the uneducated public’s questions and sales. Go back to wrenching and wheeling.

However the competition that answered this newbie’s questions In turn sold me more parts, specifically JKS on springs and UCF on the transfer case slid.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Rokmen and M.O.R.E. both sell Aluminum variants of body lifts. I have the M.O.R.E. flavor and have liked it thus far.

I was trying to purchase the 1.25" Savvy body lift because of its aluminum construction and the negative things I've been hearing about the JKS BL. I visit the Savvy website and their price of $134.95 seems very fair. However when I type in my shipping info the shipping quote is $23 (ground). That is ridiculous for something so small and light but I got over it. I decided to contact them regarding the 8% discount I read other site members have received on their recent orders. Well....Savvy informs me that they no longer give a discount to our Jeep site members but I'm in luck they have a 5% discount code I can use. WHOOPIEEEE what a bargain!! This also was a bit frustrating but I got over it. LOL

I decide to pull the trigger and purchase the BL (even though I'm not happy with the shipping cost). This is the point that I get pissed off! When I go to check out the total includes shipping at $23. When I go to final payment magically the shipping jumps to $30??? I try this multiple times on different computers and the same thing! Mind you that I have already input my shipping info and received a quote for $23!

I decide to contact Savvy directly by phone and ask what was going on. They had no explanation but didn't offer to rectify the problem! Basically they said take it or leave it! They said if there is a discrepancy in the shipping they would "probably" refund the difference. LOL

Honestly the difference of $7 is not that big of a deal but it's concerning and their indifference about it really pissed me off. I wonder how many people don't even realize the shipping price is changing at checkout???

I don't trust a company that operates this way so I don't care how good their product is...I'll take my business elsewhere.
The old bate and switch!

I got a TC shifter , guess I was lucky if it is as good as everybody claims .
It came with nothing ..... figured out how it goes from youtube videos.
I didn't get it because of wanting a BL .... have spring lift and I love it OME .
I just think it will shift better than that crappy linkage.
Even with being out of business Cable looks like it will last forever , brackets are nice and all the little parts look like they would be easy to source .....so I guess I'm good.