Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

It seems like they are moving away from the 6061 large bend radius bumpers which is sad. There is nothing notable or sets-apart worthy about their new steel bumpers. Here’s the old vs new jk bumpers as an example:
IMG_0104.png

IMG_0105.png

It seems like they are moving away from the 6061 large bend radius bumpers which is sad. There is nothing notable or sets-apart worthy about their new steel bumpers.

That's my fear of what they'll do to the TJ product line when (if?) they start up with production again. I really want some sliders, but my fear is the Zavvy version will be new, but vastly de-improved (I hope I didn't just make a word up). They'll sell shitty products and then conclude that there's no market for TJ products. As a "Plan B," I have one of Mr. Blaine's great posts describing, in great detail, the thoughtful features of the Savvy sliders he designed saved as a pdf in case I have to make my own!

Reactions: HornedToad
It seems like they are moving away from the 6061 large bend radius bumpers which is sad. There is nothing notable or sets-apart worthy about their new steel bumpers. Here’s the old vs new jk bumpers as an example:
View attachment 431237

View attachment 431238

They lack the engineering and design know-how to make the good aluminum products we are familiar with.

Reactions: HornedToad
So are the control arms still being made and shipped? I was leaning toward those instead of the Metal cloak double adjustable aluminum

No TJ or LJ stuff on that new website. I also hate when manufacturers use solidworks drawings as "picture" of their product. Take a photo. Using drawings is lazy and I won't buy from them as I don't trust that the depiction will be representative of the real thing.

Savvy website is still active. Someone answered the phone when I called Friday to inquire about CA’s. They said they are ready to ship….. I think it was Friday

• Love
Reactions: RINC and BlueC
Ordered a mid-arm upgrade kit this morning, which is on backorder. I don't plan on doing the installation for another few months so I thought I'd get the parts ordered well ahead of time. Leap of Jeep faith, wish me luck! :)

Savvy Mid Arm Order.jpg