Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

$1475 for a JL bumper is moronic

200.gif

The rockers, mid-arm, aluminum doors, body armor, transmission skid, engine skid, PS skid, bumpers etc. are all top-level designs.
Savvy had little to do with them.

This is our opportunity to make it known to management how much we appreciate the great designs and are willing to pay for the products.
Unfortunately, there aren't enough TJ owners that spend the kind of money. JL and JT owners that buy $70,000 vehicles and then think nothing of throwing another $20,000 at them are the market.

Design implies just that...I wonder if they're off shoring production and shut down US manufacturing.

Shoulda ordered a midarm kit years ago.

-Mac

Always wanted Savvy under armor skids, but could never time it with their sporadic (to say the least) production schedule. Ended up going with UCF and at the moment I'm glad I did. Savvy may have a more detailed design but UCF and Savvy are both solid fabricators. UCF has the better managed supply chain.

Savvy had little to do with them.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough TJ owners that spend the kind of money. JL and JT owners that buy $70,000 vehicles and then think nothing of throwing another $20,000 at them are the market.

I have thrown 20k at my little TJ.

Always wanted Savvy under armor skids, but could never time it with their sporadic (to say the least) production schedule. Ended up going with UCF and at the moment I'm glad I did. Savvy may have a more detailed design but UCF and Savvy are both solid fabricators. UCF has the better managed supply chain.

Savvy has never fabricated a single piece.

No value in a product if your profit margin sucks. I would imagine the cost of aluminum plus all things labor pushed them over the edge.

-Mac

If we are going to assume, I'll assume that Savvy's (—>management<—) issues ran much deeper than the price of aluminum.

Throwing a "Z" after a name is a good way to make sure people don't trust it, along with not redirecting an old domain. Either seems fake or like a bunch of idiots are running whatever this is.

In any case, glad I got all the main stuff I care about. I can live without the tail lights if they don't come to market another way.