Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Hopefully more info comes out soon.
Lots of stuff on the Savvy Off-road site shows as available on back order and the site hasn’t been redirected yet. So maybe there is some hope?

Reactions: MikeE024 and L J
Hopefully more info comes out soon.
Lots of stuff on the Savvy Off-road site shows as available on back order and the site hasn’t been redirected yet. So maybe there is some hope?

from my brief sleuthing on too many edibles, this happened at the latest january 6th.. things have been delivered since then so maybe

I have thrown 20k at my little TJ.

0FEF4259-DB29-4534-85AE-61456D0C2E03.jpeg

Including purchase? I've thrown more at the LJ. We aren't normal. :LOL:
The average TJ owner balks at spending more than a few hundred on suspension. They aren't going to spend $600 on a bumper.

Dare you suggest they tune their shocks! That unleashes a real shit storm.

• Haha
Reactions: RINC and L J
Interesting, the intro calls they’re basically an ARMOR company, and the JK bumper they list is not their old version (looks similar to the TJ design).

I wonder if Savvy Off-road will continue to exist for suspension items…

Agree with @rasband, the designZ was a terrible marketing choice. It’s like a 2002 fast and furious race shop

It never seemed like a brilliantly run business from what I saw posted here. Somebody on here once described it as "a hobby, with a business on the side", which seemed to sum it up pretty well. But it did sell some very highly regarded designs and as a consequence had a strong brand, albeit in a very small niche. On the face of it that makes the way the purchase seems to be playing out very odd, with those respected products seemingly dropped". Now that could be because of the way the designs were acquired, iffor example they were on some form of licensing deal which included a change of control clause that meant the new owners had no continuing rihht to use them. If that were the case the obvious rationale for buying the business would be to exploit the brand equity, but changing the name to Savvy DesignZ seems at odds with getting the most out of that. I imagine the guys at GenRight will be jolly happy with how things seem to be playing out.

Given the direction of travel the hope would be that the new company has lost the rights to those designs and they can be licensed to another company. If they acquired the designs outright but have decided just not to sell them any more, somebody could possibly approach them with a view to buying the rights.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
Now that could be because of the way the designs were acquired, iffor example they were on some form of licensing deal which included a change of control clause that meant the new owners had no continuing rihht to use them.
The only designs Savvy offered that we as TJ owners cared about came from mrblaine.

Good for Gerald. He has been interested in a few other endeavors lately based on his posts.

I just ordered a Savvy gas tank skid from the old site on 13 January. Received on 20 January.

Same here. I ordered it off Amazon on Jan 18 and received it on 24th. Amazon is still showing 4 in stock fwiw. I have a belly skid and engine skid on order to complete my aluminum underarmor from Savvy. Hopefully it ships.

Last edited:
I hope for future customers' sakes they don't emblazon that new stupid name on everything.

Savvy DesignZ, yo!

That was my first thought as well. The Z is a great way to make sure no one over 25 can take you seriously enough to even look to see if your stuff is good.