Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Okk, thanks for that. I just wasn't sure whether the news of them being sold would affect back-ordered items. Guess I'll order it, worst case scenario I just get a refund.

I tried to order the steering box skid a couple weeks ago (before I read any of this) and my order was refunded with no explanation.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I’ve seen varying qualities (depth) of the etching. Mine was so faint that when I painted the first light coat on the cross member it disappeared. There is now zero trace of it there with a couple coats.

Damn, sorry to hear that, brother. If you take a Dremel tool with an etching bit and go over the etching lines about ten times, then completely repaint or repowder coat it, you will be able to see the logo again. Shouldn’t take more than three or four hours…

🙂

Damn, sorry to hear that, brother. If you take a Dremel tool with an etching bit and go over the etching lines about ten times, then completely repaint or repowder coat it, you will be able to see the logo again. Shouldn’t take more than three or four hours…

🙂

Another 15min to that and I can add a Z.

7ates7.jpg

Does this increase the value of BNIB midarm kits with under armour??......

• Haha
Reactions: PNW_LJ
I think folks are just using a little humour to deal with the fact things are a changing in the TJ world. Which ultimately is a little sad.

• Sad
Reactions: PNW_LJ
I think folks are just using a little humour to deal with the fact things are a changing in the TJ world. Which ultimately is a little sad.

I think it’s the last relic from a generation of motoring … 2006 vehicle with no ABS, no Traction control, all iron pushrod motor and CHEAP! I do own a gladiator, wrangler 4xe (wife) but there is nothing like a TJ/LJ. TJ is just a polished up CJ, and not really much different.

It is sad to see these type of vehicles leave our lives and become abandoned and replaced with boring, fattened up and astronomically priced.

I have owned 5 TJ/LJs and purchedes my current LJ as a fixer upper to beat up off-road, but somehow feel the need to restore and preserve this rig, so I end up treating it like a classic car :-/ …