Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

That's the easy part. The hard part is getting them to cough up the money when the bill comes due.

That's what I meant with getting people to "commit" to the buy.

It is not usually quite like that. Most of the folks have no issue paying up front for the part. It is the fucktard sitting there with several grand in his pocket that is supposed to place the order who decides to take a vacation to Vegas with the funds and then goes radio silent. Then everyone gets on the vendor's ass who tells them to fuck off, no order was placed, then they go the forum owner trying to get him to find the fucker who spent their money and it goes downhill from there. The really bad part is some of those fucks have had the audacity to start posting a couple years later in hopes that folk's memories are shorter than the pain from being fucked. It rarely is.

There's gotta be a way to prevent that with an escrow of sorts. Vendor gets committed buyers, buyers rest knowing the vendor won't receive a dime until he ships the finished product.

I've ever only been involved with exactly one group buy - and that went well enough. The coordinator got the people together, but everyone paid the vendor directly - 50% down, 50% on delivery. But that requires a cooperative vendor, not all would be willing to entertain such a scheme - and my money is on Savvy NOT being one such. In any event, I got about $400 off the price of a damn nice gun safe.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I've ever only been involved with exactly one group buy - and that went well enough. The coordinator got the people together, but everyone paid the vendor directly - 50% down, 50% on delivery. But that requires a cooperative vendor, not all would be willing to entertain such a scheme - and my money is on Savvy NOT being one such. In any event, I got about $400 off the price of a damn nice gun safe.

On the truck forum they have a monthly group buy for various parts from ARB compressors to different lights. Participants have to respond back to the thread that they want in and then at the end an ordering code is sent to everyone to use when ordering through the vendors site which provides the agreed price or a discount based on participation milestones at checkout. But these are with companies that have everything in stock ready to ship so it's not quite the same as a run of bumpers to be manufactured.

I could be wrong but I have always had the impression that those with the skills and equipment are not that interested in small batch niche orders. I could be wrong but it seem like Savvy has no problem selling what they get made and if it was easy to produce more they would.

I never said copy.... To be honest it's not a revolutionary design or anything, clean and simple.

Are you a CAD and fabrication wizard?

I see you're a new member. I get the impression you didn't read a lot here before joining. You might want to spend some time reading various threads to help you avoid insulting people who offer to help you. Even if you don't know you need the help.

Where's the fun in that?

giphy (4).gif

He designed it
Haha, whoops! I'm clearly the drama of the day. I came here to make friends not talk shit.

Apologies, my intent was never to steal a design or offend anyone. Was merely looking for some inspiration. If I knew the designer was here, I for sure would have chose some different words.
What do you know about bending 6061 T6?
If my reply offended you, I am sorry, with more context your comment makes a hell of a lot more since. You designed a clean bumper, which I am sure is no small feat.

Haha, whoops! I'm clearly the drama of the day. I came here to make friends not talk shit.

Apologies, my intent was never to steal a design or offend anyone. Was merely looking for some inspiration. If I knew the designer was here, I for sure would have chose some different words.

If my reply offended you, I am sorry, with more context your comment makes a hell of a lot more since. You designed a clean bumper, which I am sure is no small feat.

I'm not offended nor am I jesting. I can explain how to build it without screwing it up. There is a ton of nuance in that part that is easily missed with more than even just a cursory glance.

If I knew the designer was here, I for sure would have chose some different words.
Don't be shy. If you are going to tiptoe around because you are worried about something I might have had a hand in, that can be a whole bunch of dancing better not done. My range of products is far more varied than most know and you'd have to stay out of discussions ranging from axle bits through armor and up past recovery gear.

After days of research on this forum and settling on going with a Savvy/Currie system, I was psyched to see that Savvy had double adjustable control arms to make install and dialing in pinion angle that much easier. Then I come across all 33 pages of this and realize I might not be able to get them……shit. I know Currie has adjustable uppers as an option, but the double uppers and lowers would have been really nice.

I'm not offended nor am I jesting. I can explain how to build it without screwing it up. There is a ton of nuance in that part that is easily missed with more than even just a cursory glance.

Good man, last thing I want is anyone thinking I'm one of those internet clowns.
I am sure there is tons I missed with the quick glance I gave it. If I decide to give it a go, I will reach out for some wisdom.