Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Don't be shy. If you are going to tiptoe around because you are worried about something I might have had a hand in, that can be a whole bunch of dancing better not done. My range of products is far more varied than most know and you'd have to stay out of discussions ranging from axle bits through armor and up past recovery gear.

What else you have your hands in? Also, whats the disconnect why can't these people get their hands on that bumper you designed?

Reactions: HornedToad
After days of research on this forum and settling on going with a Savvy/Currie system, I was psyched to see that Savvy had double adjustable control arms to make install and dialing in pinion angle that much easier. Then I come across all 33 pages of this and realize I might not be able to get them……shit. I know Currie has adjustable uppers as an option, but the double uppers and lowers would have been really nice.

If you place an order for Savvy arms, you will get them guaranteed... eventually.

I've never been involved in a Jeep forum group buy but the ones I was involved in for motorcycles showed me that people are big on talk and short on follow through.

They start out like the well intentioned post above. They always end the way I described.

The best part is the guy coming back a few years later and someone figures it out. Hey now, just wait a gosh darn minute. Aren't you the guy who ran off with all our money back in the day? No no, that wasn't me. Fuck it wasn't. You have the same rig, same mods, talk the same, and your different username ain't foolin no one. Ooops.

That's what I meant with getting people to "commit" to the buy.

There's gotta be a way to prevent that with an escrow of sorts. Vendor gets committed buyers, buyers rest knowing the vendor won't receive a dime until he ships the finished product.

I nominate you to be the sole group buy manager, find the vendor, set the deal up, collect the funds, escrow that shit, and then handle making sure no one gets fucked. If you decline, you are forever forbidden to even mention anything to do with a group buy up to and including bitching about your money they took.

When I brought up group buy, I wasn't actually thinking of a centralized coordinator like typical in order to garner a discount. I was more or less suggesting if we got a dozen people at the same time to want an item on Savvy's backordered list, maybe they might feel interested in doing a run sooner rather than later. But yeah, lots of groupbuys are a PITA.

When I brought up group buy, I wasn't actually thinking of a centralized coordinator like typical in order to garner a discount. I was more or less suggesting if we got a dozen people at the same time to want an item on Savvy's backordered list, maybe they might feel interested in doing a run sooner rather than later. But yeah, lots of groupbuys are a PITA.

You are assuming the backorders are not high enough to make more parts. You have no way of knowing that.

I’ll play, how’d you get 6061 T6 to bend in such a tight radius to almost 90*

Bottom die has enough width and the top punch has the correct radius. Look closer, it is more than a 90 degree bend. The fairlead mount is a 90. Punch radius is 5/8" and it takes almost 30 tons to do that for a relatively short length. You also have to pay attention to the grain. For a tight bend, you have to go across the grain or it will crack and split. Tonnage goes up though.

Since this thread has already went into nearly every corner of imagination and fantasy I may as well contribute my drivel…

In my opinion, ideally, all the Blaine designs that Savvy sells, or has sold in the past, would be available through Blaine himself. To be ran the way he runs BMB and WRG. Wouldn’t that be a peach of a situation for the consumer? No more dealing with Savvy and their more than lackluster customer/customer service experience…

Alas, I realize the monetary side of that is a huge huge commitment. And that’s only one of the many many facets of operations it would take to make it all reality…

14D3D5F7-6DDF-4907-8658-06DF0A34BC8E.jpeg
How does this plate affect the overall mounting strength of the slider? Since it’s welded on it has to affect the heat treat to at least some extent, since a bolt goes through it, why not let it free float and use it more like a washer instead? I understand that it’s needed but does it need to be welded?

Bottom die has enough width and the top punch has the correct radius. Look closer, it is more than a 90 degree bend. The fairlead mount is a 90. Punch radius is 5/8" and it takes almost 30 tons to do that for a relatively short length. You also have to pay attention to the grain. For a tight bend, you have to go across the grain or it will crack and split. Tonnage goes up though.

Also I honestly don’t have many photos of the slider, mostly just pulling information and pictures from different threads on the forum.

The discussion was centered on the bumpers.

Alight well now I have some more questions, it appears and I assume all the joints are welded, why not use the corner protector that you used on the front bumper on the rear bumper aswell, is the rear bumper splitting from a hard impact on a corner not really a problem? Why not go with a simpler design like the front to keep the welding at a minimum?