Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

If it helps the carry on the conversation. I had emailed Savvy some time ago asking about the availability of their GTS. I have not heard any response and with this thread information, I really don't expect one at this point. Shame, I was liking everything I had read on the skid. Maybe they will get things sorted out and start manufacturing again. If not, hopefully someone else will begin offering a very similar option. I still see a lot of TJs, YJs, and even CJs on the road so there is a market to sell parts.

I guess I just can’t understand this thread.

I get emails back from Savvy all the time. I got products recently, and I just asked about Gerald retiring, his answer was different than I’m seeing here.

Literally sent an email during the Mich St, K State Game, and got a response during the same game.

I’ll just attach his answer, and I asked him if that was ok, he said , we’ll again I’ll attach his answer.

9D6399DC-0C38-4812-8394-AC8E1C1D0863.png

8945D9EB-49CE-430A-A179-F40FE275500F.jpeg

If it helps the carry on the conversation. I had emailed Savvy some time ago asking about the availability of their GTS. I have not heard any response and with this thread information, I really don't expect one at this point. Shame, I was liking everything I had read on the skid. Maybe they will get things sorted out and start manufacturing again. If not, hopefully someone else will begin offering a very similar option. I still see a lot of TJs, YJs, and even CJs on the road so there is a market to sell parts.

UCF

Reactions: Farmergreg and RINC

I get emails back from Savvy all the time. I got products recently, and I just asked about Gerald retiring, his answer was different than I’m seeing here.

Literally sent an email during the Mich St, K State Game, and got a response during the same game.

I’ll just attach his answer, and I asked him if that was ok, he said , we’ll again I’ll attach his answer.

View attachment 409869

View attachment 409870

Hard to imagine TJs fall into the late model category of Jeeps….

• Face Palm
Reactions: Ocho
Hard to imagine TJs fall into the late model category of Jeeps….

Are you messing with me?

It clearly states “dedicated to the next few years”. Savvy, what sells TJ gear.

Then he says And started something for Late Models.

Is this thread a joke I’m not getting ?

Reactions: JMT
Continuing the spirit of this thread... my experience with Savvy has been overall positive. Gerald has always been very responsive, and helpful with my multitude of questions.

I will say though, Savvy is really great at shipping exactly what I DON'T need. I've been waiting for my engine skid for 2 months, something that I could actually use right now on 31s.

Meanwhile, my midarm kit (something I won't be installing for some time) shipped the next day!

View attachment 409869

View attachment 409870

He should contact the folks who claim to have “acquired “ Savvy Off-road.

84C0D2CC-6BF6-4E45-8D8B-D10F5FAE72BB.png

After days of research on this forum and settling on going with a Savvy/Currie system, I was psyched to see that Savvy had double adjustable control arms to make install and dialing in pinion angle that much easier. Then I come across all 33 pages of this and realize I might not be able to get them……shit. I know Currie has adjustable uppers as an option, but the double uppers and lowers would have been really nice.

I ordered the full mid arm kit week before last, and had eight boxes full of parts (including all of the control arms) show up this past Monday.

Not all of the Savvy stuff is available right now (some says "email for availability" and others say "backordered") but what is available seems to show up. There may be some delays. I believe they are a small volume firm that has to deal with suppliers and materials costs. Their order fulfillment process has some rough spots. But I decided to go with them anyway. YMMV.

Reactions: L J and PNW_LJ

View attachment 409948

I’m curious what your take is in this?

I copied an email from Gerald Lee, says he started a new company called Savvy Designz for “late Model”

Do you compete with Savvy Offroad? It feels like you’re a competitor on here slamming them in hopes of gaining business.

Not that an email directly from Gerald Lee himself means anything compared to what you’re posting I guess??

I’m curious what your take is in this?

I copied an email from Gerald Lee, says he started a new company called Savvy Designz for “late Model”

Do you compete with Savvy Offroad? It feels like you’re a competitor on here slamming them in hopes of gaining business.

Not that an email directly from Gerald Lee himself means anything compared to what you’re posting I guess??

My take is the oddity of the whole situation.
It is announced Savvy was “acquired” by The Off-road group. Savvy Facebook no longer links to savvy off-road but to SavvyDesignz.Com

Now it is said the company wasn’t sold and Gerald opened another division of his company.

The mid arm is going to be manufactured by RockKrawler with the possibility of replacing the Johnny Joints with the RK joint.

AFAE07AA-A998-46B5-96F0-FD72D48876A5.png

My take is it may be just the beginning of bastardizing products.
I certainly hope not, but the muddy water certainly isn’t clear enough to be transparent. We shall all see.

I have nothing to be gained or lost here. I simply started this thread as I read the news. The defense of Savvy is astounding. They have some great products, no doubt whatsoever, but the amount of issues with missing parts, screwed up orders, cancelled orders, shipping costs and all else is crazy. We would have long tarred and feathered many other companies on here for much less. However we are at the mercy of Savvy as they are the only place to get most of this stuff. Hopefully these products are available for a very long time.

It is announced Savvy was “acquired” by The Off-road group. Savvy Facebook no longer links to savvy off-road but to SavvyDesignz.Com

Now it is said the company wasn’t sold and Gerald opened another division of his company.

The mid arm is going to be manufactured by RockKrawler with the possibility of replacing the Johnny Joints with the RK joint.

View attachment 409962

I certainly hope not, but the muddy water certainly isn’t clear enough to be transparent. We shall all see.

I have nothing to be gained or lost here. I simply started this thread as I read the news. The defense of Savvy is astounding. They have some great products, no doubt whatsoever, but the amount of issues with missing parts, screwed up orders, cancelled orders, shipping costs and all else is crazy. We would have long tarred and feathered many other companies on here for much less. However we are at the mercy of Savvy as they are the only place to get most of this stuff. Hopefully these products are available for a very long time.

I mean they kinda already have started that process of bastardizing products, they made the hardcore corner upgrade into steel, a company who primarily is known for their strict only use steel when absolutely necessary ideals, it seems quite off that they would change that if not just for easier and cheaper production.

Reactions: Gollywomper

View attachment 409962

As long as @mrblaine is around these products have a viable future. A lot of details are encapsulated in that statement (i.e. the details of the materials and processes), and he helps by dropping eggs and more than eggs on the forum. So, I suspect that as long as he wants this knowledge around, these products have a viable future. The key is to pay attention. I miss things due to my limited time on the forum, but if you search hard enough it shows up somewhere.

View attachment 409962

Welp that's all I had to see.

Mid arm ordered.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Why do people conclude that Savvy is going out of business? I don’t get that out of this thread.

Reactions: TJosh02

View attachment 409869

Don't know what to tell you. I used the contact email listed on the website ([email protected]) to try and contact them. I have no prior contact with them so I didn't have any inside info other than what is listed. I know I have checked on the GTS webpage several times and it is always out of stock. My last email was short and a basic inquiry as to when they possibly expect to have more available. Maybe something up with their email system, but I have not received a bounce notifications so I no reason to suspect it didn't go through to them. Could be no one is monitoring that mailbox or responding to contacts. I know I have not received any response. Adding to the confusion is Savvy Offroad still has a website, which appears to be fully active, and there isn't any mention of this change in business. It doesn't redirect, reference, or even link, to the new Savvy 2.0 site. Other than the Savvy name and mention of this Gerald Lee it could be 2 separate businesses. I am trying to contact the one that sells TJ stuff, but my experience so far it seems to be nonoperational. I would not have known about any of this concerning Savvy Offroad/SavvyDesignz if it wasn't for this thread. So to me, a possible customer, with how this is all playing out it seems a bit shady. Great skid or not, it gives me more questions before I would place an order now. I will give it a little time and if I haven't found another GTS by then I will give them another look. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

View attachment 409948

Given this and the emails, my take on what may have happened is this.

Gerald has set up a holding Company called The Offroad Group, which is now the parent of Savvy Offroad. This new parent company also owns Gerald's share of a new venture, Savvy Designz, but the two other guys mentioned also own a stake in that new business and will run it day-to-day (may be a good thing given some of the issues at Savvy Offroad, some experience). Some of the contacts established through the new business have provided Savvy Offroad with opportunities to look at changing some products (may be cost, may be to improve availabilty, or one of many other reasons).

Just speculation, but given seemingly contradictory messages, it at least gets close to being consistent with the announcement and the emails.

It is not usually quite like that. Most of the folks have no issue paying up front for the part. It is the fucktard sitting there with several grand in his pocket that is supposed to place the order who decides to take a vacation to Vegas with the funds and then goes radio silent. Then everyone gets on the vendor's ass who tells them to fuck off, no order was placed, then they go the forum owner trying to get him to find the fucker who spent their money and it goes downhill from there. The really bad part is some of those fucks have had the audacity to start posting a couple years later in hopes that folk's memories are shorter than the pain from being fucked. It rarely is.

That person would likely have multiple bad days if they Fd with me and my TJ friends.

I can say that I have emailes them at least 3 times in the last 9 months and have never once got a reply! All I wanted to know is if they have any plans to make the sliders w/step for the LJ anytime in the future, if they do I'll wait if not I'll move on. I didn't say the later in the email. If I got any response that would be great....but it was radio(keyboard) silence.

If it helps anyone, all my email responses from Gerald go to my Spam folder. Not sure why, but I'm in the corner with every email that I have sent him has gotten a pretty quick response (within a day I'd say). Anyway, just throwing it out there in case responses are hitting your Spam folders. I don't often check for stuff there unless I'm not getting responses I think I should be.