Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Thanks, much appreciated! Mind sharing why the front gets a stiffener, but the rear doesn't? I thought the stock axles didn't need trusses.

How many arms are being eliminated from the rear?

Thanks, much appreciated! Mind sharing why the front gets a stiffener, but the rear doesn't? I thought the stock axles didn't need trusses.
My concession to stop all the questions about why it didn't have a truss on the front. Much easier to do that rather than spend 100's of hours debating which truss works with the Savvy Diff mount. And since it only requires cutting off one mount, it has a reasonable expectation that the customer could do it. The rear OTOH, not as simple and a lot more work.
Okay yup, just checked and we are all good.

While I ordered my tcase shifter from them directly, about the time this thread started, and received it with no trouble, I see the 1.25 body lifts are “available on back order”. I’ve tried google with no luck. Anyone have any other recommendations on where to get one or have one new in box they didn’t use and want to part with?

My concession to stop all the questions about why it didn't have a truss on the front. Much easier to do that rather than spend 100's of hours debating which truss works with the Savvy Diff mount. And since it only requires cutting off one mount, it has a reasonable expectation that the customer could do it. The rear OTOH, not as simple and a lot more work.

So it serves the same function as the grease fitting on the Johnny Joint, that is to appease the customers?

While I ordered my tcase shifter from them directly, about the time this thread started, and received it with no trouble, I see the 1.25 body lifts are “available on back order”. I’ve tried google with no luck. Anyone have any other recommendations on where to get one or have one new in box they didn’t use and want to part with?

I just placed an order for the back ordered body lift.... I have a 1.25" JKS now that I initially got 8 or 9 years ago because the Savvy was out of stock back then too...

I did have the savvy bl on my last TJ though. Should have just pulled it before I sold it.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I just placed an order for the back ordered body lift.... I have a 1.25" JKS now that I initially got 8 or 9 years ago because the Savvy was out of stock back then too...

I did have the savvy bl on my last TJ though. Should have just pulled it before I sold it.

Did they give you any kind of ETA?

Add me to the body lift-less list. I'm gonna place an order for them this week.

I do have the MML pucks, does anyone know if these can be installed while i wait for the body lift? One of my motor mounts, specifically the metal hoop over the rubber on the drivers side, is shot.

Can't tell without a measurement on the arms. The larger washers are for the lowers to center them in the cam horseshoes until they get tightened. You can use them with or without a normal washer along with the fender washer.

The stiffener at the front is on the wrong side. It goes opposite the rectangular cut -outs that fit down over the cast upper bushing mount on the axle after you split it in half horizontally.

You will need longer cover bolts for the 3 locations at the rear truss brace. (generally)

A way to tell if the rear arms are correct for a TJ Unlimited is if they are longer than the front lowers. If they are the same, then they are TJ.

Do you know what the size of the bolts are that are needed for the rear diff to to truss brace are? I also need to get some.

Watch out on the JKS BL. The warnings here on the forum are factual about compression of their pucks causing tub damage.

My 2 mounts under the rear seat both dented the tub with their bolts and I'm repairing a torque box under the passenger seat that I'd bet money was damaged by the mounts compressing. The torque box didn't just rust, it has a crack like it was compressed by bounding on the BL puck... YMMV Just a warning.

Watch out on the JKS BL. The warnings here on the forum are factual about compression of their pucks causing tub damage.

My 2 mounts under the rear seat both dented the tub with their bolts and I'm repairing a torque box under the passenger seat that I'd bet money was damaged by the mounts compressing. The torque box didn't just rust, it has a crack like it was compressed by bounding on the BL puck... YMMV Just a warning.

Well, that is why I ordered the Savvy body lift.

I was careful not to over-tighten them when I installed them the first time, it's clear they're too soft and compress. Just pulled them out this week and got a new set of body mounts and everything is fine.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I had the Currie body lift on my last TJ. Also aluminum pucks but only 1" if I recall.

Reactions: FarFire70
Well, that is why I ordered the Savvy body lift.

I was careful not to over-tighten them when I installed them the first time, it's clear they're too soft and compress. Just pulled them out this week and got a new set of body mounts and everything is fine.

Over or under tightening makes no difference. JKS doesn't allow the bolts to ever reach the proper torque value because they are squishy.

Reactions: FarFire70
Over or under tightening makes no difference. JKS doesn't allow the bolts to ever reach the proper torque value because they are squishy.

Boy do you have to be careful with your words around here.

I should say I intentionally under-tightened them because they were squishy. It was a compromise at the time because I couldn't get the savvy body lift.

Is squishy an acceptable word or should we argue semantics on that one

Boy do you have to be careful with your words around here.

I should say I intentionally under-tightened them because they were squishy. It was a compromise at the time because I couldn't get the savvy body lift.

Is squishy an acceptable word or should we argue semantics on that one

Doesn't matter. All this is is another illustration that JKS is selling a poorly designed product and doesn't understand how bolts work going on 20 years.