Savvy Rear Springs

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the spring rate on the Savvy 4” lift rear springs? I’m replacing my OME rear springs and want to make sure I order what I need all at once.

Thanks for your time.

@NskLJ Thanks for the quick response and help. After going to your link I saw they offered a slightly longer version of basically the same spring. Thinking I’ll go that route to help the rear end when towing my trailer.

Reactions: AMS417
@NskLJ Thanks for the quick response and help. After going to your link I saw they offered a slightly longer version of basically the same spring. Thinking I’ll go that route to help the rear end when towing my trailer.
Yes those are for the lj or they say to correct a lean condition. They are 1/2” taller I have had them both in my lj

Good information. Currently I have OME HD rear springs and a 1.25” spacer on top and only netting about 3” of lift. If these new springs get me to 4” then I should have a practically even split on my shock travel, 5”up/5”down.

I have some .75” spacers laying around that I can use if I need to adjust it upwards any. Just don’t want to use a spacer bigger than that. I really like the extra free length on these. Practically everything else was quite a bit shorter.

Good information. Currently I have OME HD rear springs and a 1.25” spacer on top and only netting about 3” of lift. If these new springs get me to 4” then I should have a practically even split on my shock travel, 5”up/5”down.

I have some .75” spacers laying around that I can use if I need to adjust it upwards any. Just don’t want to use a spacer bigger than that. I really like the extra free length on these. Practically everything else was quite a bit shorter.
I don’t think you will want to go up any more with spacers if you have short arms. My jeep is very close to 50/50 now. I will be cycling the suspension in the next week or two to see if I can get any more travel out of my short arms if I change shocks and mounts or if I should move to the Saavy mid arm setup.

Reactions: imahnu

I had the standard springs in my TJ and with a hard top, tire carrier and spare it was a little low in the back. I wished I would have gone with the LJ springs. You can always add small spacers if you need to.

Reactions: NskLJ and imahnu
I don’t think you will want to go up any more with spacers if you have short arms. My jeep is very close to 50/50 now. I will be cycling the suspension in the next week or two to see if I can get any more travel out of my short arms if I change shocks and mounts or if I should move to the Saavy mid arm setup.
Ideally I’d like to stay at 4” of lift but my rear bumper and or-fab tire carrier are pretty heavy hanging off the back end. So I’m hoping I just use the spring but have the spacers if it sinks down below 4” I also have 10mm spacer that could be used. Basically I just need my rear springs to measure 12” to get where I want to be.

Once I get these new springs I think I won’t have to adjust my bumpstops anymore than they already are but I’ll definitely cycle the rear axle to be sure.

I had the standard springs in my TJ and with a hard top, tire carrier and spare it was a little low in the back. I wished I would have gone with the LJ springs. You can always add small spacers if you need to.
I went with what I believe are the LJ coils but idk if they were high enough rate for me at the time. Between my hardtop, or-fab carrier and my heavy af smittybilt rear bumper plus filling up the gas cans, the camping gear and attaching my camping trailer had me sagging in the rear about an inch or so.

My Jeep was definitely heavy at that point in its life. mrblaine’s BBK was by far my most appreciated mod for sure.

Reactions: NskLJ and AMS417
I had originally ordered the tj springs and installed by mistake. My lj was a little low in the rear, I had a smittybilt tube bumper and tire carrier and gas can holder. I hit a wash out at a good clip and blew the bump stop and mount off the rear axle, then after a seal leak found a bent axle and damaged spring. At that point I ordered the LJ springs and installed the Jeep came back to level instead of the back being down a bit. Since then I have put the spare back up on the tailgate with the more tailgate reinforcement and installed a much lighter bumper. My Jeep drives like a new Jeep, I am having a hard time believing the weight I dropped made such a difference but I also moved the tire about 6”-8” in. I know the suspension is working better without all the weight hanging off the rear. I also moved 2 three gallon cans up forward of the doors for when I do long trips to distribute the weight more evenly

Reactions: imahnu
I had originally ordered the tj springs and installed by mistake. My lj was a little low in the rear, I had a smittybilt tube bumper and tire carrier and gas can holder. I hit a wash out at a good clip and blew the bump stop and mount off the rear axle, then after a seal leak found a bent axle and damaged spring. At that point I ordered the LJ springs and installed the Jeep came back to level instead of the back being down a bit. Since then I have put the spare back up on the tailgate with the more tailgate reinforcement and installed a much lighter bumper. My Jeep drives like a new Jeep, I am having a hard time believing the weight I dropped made such a difference but I also moved the tire about 6”-8” in. I know the suspension is working better without all the weight hanging off the rear. I also moved 2 three gallon cans up forward of the doors for when I do long trips to distribute the weight more evenly
I take it that was with the Currie springs? That must've been a good bounce to cause all that damage. I have been wanting to use a bumper plate like I've seen some use on the rear but the only reason I am keeping the smittybilt XRC is the rated tow hitch. I feel like if I went down to a lighter bumper and then added a rated hitch to make up for it I wouldn't save all that much weight and wouldn't really be worth the expense or time.