Savvy TJ body lift doesn't include urethane bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
Folks,

Ordered and received my Savvy 1.25" body lift for my coming build. Open to inspect it and found the did not include the new urethane bumpers for the grill support.

From their website: Read bullet point #3

Description​

ATTN: California Customers: Prop 65

Savvy Off Road Aluminum Body Lift 1.25″ for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2006

The premium grade body lift kit provides 1.25 in. additional tire clearance without affecting spring rate or suspension geometry.

Raises vehicle body relative to chassis and drivetrain for minimal effect on center of gravity.

• Vehicle specific design ensures proper fitment and safe, dependable operation
  • Billet Aluminum spacers encapsulate OE body mounts for ultra-secure installation
  • Includes soft urethane grill supports to prevent it from cracking under stress
  • Easy to install kit includes all hardware necessary for each application
  • Requires no modifications to fuel tank, air conditioning, radiator, or brakes, unlike other lift kits
  • All parts are Anodized Black
  • Installation of 1.0 in. motor mount lift is strongly recommended to re-align engine fan with shroud

Emailed customer service and was advised:

We do not include any urethane.

The Urethane that is use is the existing urethane on the grill.

Than why they hell does it say its included? My urethane bumpers are nearly 20 years old. I shouldn't let little shit like this bother me but it does. Give me what I paid for!

Followed up asking them to fix their website. We all know they suck with regard to shipping lead times and customer service but come on.

Hope mine don't fall apart when I remove them. Add it to the list of things to replace.

Reactions: The shuggs
That's bullshit you have every right to be pissed..its not like you made the assumption it's right there in print. If you could get someone to answer the phone I would tell them to discount the body lift

• Face Palm
Reactions: Username and jjvw
And there goes another nail...

I was going to start searching and asking to see what the difference between the curry lift, and the curry/savvy lift, but not now... with all the negative reviews about the customer service, no part in the world is good enough for me to hand my money over to, just to have piss poor service and communication.

And there goes another nail...

I was going to start searching and asking to see what the difference between the curry lift, and the curry/savvy lift, but not now... with all the negative reviews about the customer service, no part in the world is good enough for me to hand my money over to, just to have piss poor service and communication.

That's bullshit you have every right to be pissed..its not like you made the assumption it's right there in print. If you could get someone to answer the phone I would tell them to discount the body lift

Not worth the effort. I will dispute my credit card charges by the amount of the missing items. They had a chance to correct or offer something via email and the essentially told me to get fucked. I work in customer service in some capacity and my reputation is at stake every time. I do not let shit like this slide.

Didn't you get the two grill support extensions?
Yes, but no new urethane bumpers as explicitly stated in the product description. Maybe I am nitpicking here, but it clearly says they are included.

Yes, but no new urethane bumpers as explicitly stated in the product description. Maybe I am nitpicking here, but it clearly says they are included.
I'm assuming they changed it to add the extensions instead of replacements and never corrected the site. I could be wrong.

I'm assuming they changed it to add the extensions instead of replacements and never corrected the site. I could be wrong.

Could be, if that was the case they could have explained it as such and offered to correct the description on the website. Possibly offer a small discount for the misinformation. Anything but tell me they don't come with the kit in such a direct manor, when it says on their site that these parts are included.

Its may seems silly, but its frustrating to me.

This is the entirety of the email from them:

The Urethane that is use is the existing urethane on the grill. (That's nearly 20 years old and likely dry rotted)

Could be, if that was the case they could have explained it as such and offered to correct the description on the website. Possibly offer a small discount for the misinformation. Anything but tell me they don't come with the kit in such a direct manor, when it says on their site that these parts are included.

Its may seems silly, but its frustrating to me.

This is the entirety of the email from them:

The Urethane that is use is the existing urethane on the grill. (That's nearly 20 years old and likely dry rotted)
It is a very poor response

When I purchased mine in 2019 I received the aluminum spacers for grill and reused the stock rubber grill bumpers.

Savvy also show grade 8 bolts in the image when I purchased and currently as well. Did I receive grade 8 bolts, no.

Does Savvy need to make sure the description matches the parts you receive, Yes.

Reactions: TRE3TOP and AMS417
When I purchased mine in 2019 I received the aluminum spacers for grill and reused the stock rubber grill bumpers.

Savvy also show grade 8 bolts in the image when I purchased and currently as well. Did I receive grade 8 bolts, no.

Does Savvy need to make sure the description matches the parts you receive, Yes.

Good point, just noticed the bolts are grade 5. WTF?

Reactions: The shuggs
Good point, just noticed the bolts are grade 5. WTF?

From a guy in the rust belt...I'm pretty happy they supplied grade 5. I can drill a grade 5 bolt, if necessary. I can't drill a grade 8 bolt, easily. There also isn't any reason to use a grade 8 bolt there. How are you determining that the bolts are "supposed" to be grade 8? Just because they are gold in the picture?

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
From a guy in the rust belt...I'm pretty happy they supplied grade 5. I can drill a grade 5 bolt, if necessary. I can't drill a grade 8 bolt, easily. There also isn't any reason to use a grade 8 bolt there. How are you determining that the bolts are "supposed" to be grade 8? Just because they are gold in the picture?
The six head markings signify grade 8.

The six head markings signify grade 8.
Yeah...OK. I didn't realize the photo was high enough resolution to see that. Most of them are not. They really should put a disclaimer out there..."representative photo, product may not match when received" or something like that.

Yeah...OK. I didn't realize the photo was high enough resolution to see that. Most of them are not. They really should put a disclaimer out there..."representative photo, product may not match when received" or something like that.
My bolts have three lines signifying grade 5. Their website does not say what grade is included, but has grade 8 in the pictures.
I did inquire about it at the time and received this back.

Response back from Katie:
"Nowhere on our description does to state we use grade 8 bolts. Things have changed apparently and the website photos have not been updated. If you would like to return it we understand."

I don't have an issue being grade 5 because it's not in a location that requires it. What should be changed is the same picture I inquired about in 2019 and to make sure the descriptions are accurate. Mistakes happen, I get it but they need to be fixed when known to be other than shipped.

I really like Savvy products and will continue to buy from them. Unfortunately it's not a place to buy from if your project is time sensitive.

Reactions: AMS417
I understand that is a lame excuse but there is a picture on their site of the grill support spacers not new grill supports. Every body mount is also 20 plus years old. There are quite a few body lifts out there that don't supply new core supports. There are some that do though.

I installed the savvy kit with no issues. I think this is a pick your battles situation imo and it's just not worth the extra stress in your life for $30 core supports. Though I understand it can be frustrating.

200.gif

I understand that is a lame excuse but there is a picture on their site of the grill support spacers not new grill supports. Every body mount is also 20 plus years old. There are quite a few body lifts out there that don't supply new core supports. There are some that do though.

I installed the savvy kit with no issues. I think this is a pick your battles situation imo and it's just not worth the extra stress in your life for $30 core supports. Though I understand it can be frustrating.

Yeah I get it, its just the principle of a premium parts supplier charging premium prices and not delivering what they state they will.

People are reporting the same issue from 2019. That means they have likely know about the issue for 3+ years and can't take the time to update the website?

I'd be more stressed out if I let it slide. I can't do it, its wrong in black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.