WTB: Savvy UAM Transmission Bracket for Automatic Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking for a Savvy Underarmor crossmember for the 42rle transmission.
Getting ready to swap from a NV3550 to 42rel auto and hear this is the only difference between the manual and auto UAM.

Thanks!

Reactions: tombicon
Have you tried sending an email to Savvy? If not, let them know you have a Savvy UA already and are making a swap from manual to automatic. I did this and they were very helpful. FWIW, the general email address is:

[email protected]

Reactions: Elliott and SvtLdr
You could always build your own crossmember. Or modify your existing one to work with the new transmission. Have you tried reaching out to Mr. Blaine (the designer of the Savvy UAM) to see if a retrofit is a good option?

The Savvy parts are highly sought after, and for good reason. Finding a crossmember for sale might be a tall order. Good luck to you though.

Reactions: Elliott
Have you tried sending an email to Savvy? If not, let them know you have a Savvy UA already and are making a swap from manual to automatic. I did this and they were very helpful. FWIW, the general email address is:

[email protected]
Thanks, yes I’ve reached out and currently there is a 10-12 week lead time for the part.

Reactions: Irun
You could always build your own crossmember. Or modify your existing one to work with the new transmission. Have you tried reaching out to Mr. Blaine (the designer of the Savvy UAM) to see if a retrofit is a good option?

The Savvy parts are highly sought after, and for good reason. Finding a crossmember for sale might be a tall order. Good luck to you though.
Haven’t had a chance yet to directly compare the manual/ auto crossmember to see what mod may be required to make it work.

I'd pm Blaine. He is much more responsive than Savvy and honestly probably knows more about it. Both use the same factory skid and most other aftermarket skids that range are the same. It's probably just clearance for some stupid mount and five minutes with a grinder but what do I know?

Reactions: Elliott

[email protected]
Funny.
I'm in the same boat. Originally bought the UAM for the NV3550 for my '03 Rubicon.
When I decided to go to the 42RLE, I reached out to Savvy for the proper mount. After three or four days of being either ignored, or whatever I reached out again and sent emails to several Savvy email contacts I have. At some point, Katie replied. She informed me twice that Savvy, "does NOT part out their UAM kits". WTF? I need a tranny mount for an auto.
I told Katie that I had legitimately purchased over 7K in Savvy parts, and that I had a whole kit for the UAM-manual, but am swapping to auto. She basically told me to go pound sand.
Again-WTF-Katie-Really?
You'll take my money for a shit-ton of parts, but wont sell me a part to allow a tranny swap?
Fortunately, @mrblaine who has some pull w Savvy reached out and secured the part.
I just followed the 10 page of Savvy (nonexistent) customer service. I have bought a TON of parts from Savvy, and I agree with the shitty customer service. But, if you want high quality, the parts speak for themselves...
Thanks again, Blaine. You are a class act, even if some you associate with don't do you much favors.
Mike

Funny.
I'm in the same boat. Originally bought the UAM for the NV3550 for my '03 Rubicon.
When I decided to go to the 42RLE, I reached out to Savvy for the proper mount. After three or four days of being either ignored, or whatever I reached out again and sent emails to several Savvy email contacts I have. At some point, Katie replied. She informed me twice that Savvy, "does NOT part out their UAM kits". WTF? I need a tranny mount for an auto.
I told Katie that I had legitimately purchased over 7K in Savvy parts, and that I had a whole kit for the UAM-manual, but am swapping to auto. She basically told me to go pound sand.
Again-WTF-Katie-Really?
You'll take my money for a shit-ton of parts, but wont sell me a part to allow a tranny swap?
Fortunately, @mrblaine who has some pull w Savvy reached out and secured the part.
I just followed the 10 page of Savvy (nonexistent) customer service. I have bought a TON of parts from Savvy, and I agree with the shitty customer service. But, if you want high quality, the parts speak for themselves...
Thanks again, Blaine. You are a class act, even if some you associate with don't do you much favors.
Mike
And, for those who think this is a simple part to copy, here ya go!
Screenshot_20210927-095208_Photos.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Irun
Mike
My pull had zero to do with it. They did not do me any favors, it was a simple "hey, we're swapping transmissions, we need the auto mount" The response was "here you go, not a problem".

My pull had zero to do with it. They did not do me any favors, it was a simple "hey, we're swapping transmissions, we need the auto mount" The response was "here you go, not a problem".
Would have been nice of them to say the same thing to me...As the paying/buying customer.
I guess I don't have the same "voice" as you, even with financial incentive thrown in.

To follow up on this, I did reach out to mrblaine and he explained that it is the transmission mount I need, not the crossmember. 👍

With this knowledge I contacted savvy about the transmission mount and Katie provided feedback.
"We do not sell induvial items from the UAM. Those parts would need to be cut/trimmed and drilled to make it work for an auto transmission." :rolleyes:

Anyway, if someone is looking for a manual transmission bracket, please let me know. And yes, I'm still in the market for the auto bracket. Guess I'll wait a couple more days on some email replies before going squeaky wheel.

• Angry
Reactions: tombicon
To follow up on this, I did reach out to mrblaine and he explained that it is the transmission mount I need, not the crossmember. 👍

With this knowledge I contacted savvy about the transmission mount and Katie provided feedback.
"We do not sell induvial items from the UAM. Those parts would need to be cut/trimmed and drilled to make it work for an auto transmission." :rolleyes:

Anyway, if someone is looking for a manual transmission bracket, please let me know. And yes, I'm still in the market for the auto bracket. Guess I'll wait a couple more days on some email replies before going squeaky wheel.
Savvy does indeed sell the trans mount by itself.

Thanks, great info, how do i get past the knowledgeable lady who tells me no?

I've seen Michael's email in the Customer Service thread, I'll send him a message.

Last edited:
Reactions: tombicon and SvtLdr
Status
Not open for further replies.