Savvy Ultimate Steering - what other supporting upgrades are needed

True, I don't remember the differences between it and the older steel Savvy Ultimate tie rod I've been running for years.
I don' have the email anymore but he just said that it's more forgiving than the older style and that they've been using them on their Baja racing buggies. It was something like that, I can't remember exactly what all he said.

True, I don't remember the differences between it and the older steel Savvy Ultimate tie rod I've been running for years.

My understanding is that the previously used heat treated 4340 is more desirable over the 7075-T6 because it doesn't suffer from stress fractures the same, however the 7075-T6 is easier to work with and thus cheaper to make. Somebody else can either correct me or fill in the details as I probably missed a subtlety someplace.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the previously used heat treated 4340 is more desirable over the 7075-T6 because it doesn't suffer from stress fractures the same, however the 7075-T6 is easier to work with and thus cheaper to make. Somebody else can either correct me or fill in the details as I probably missed a subtlety someplace.
I sure don't know but no doubt @mrblaine will.