Savvy Under Armor / Skid Plate Install Write-Up

Had the exhaust re-routed today - took care of some of the noises. Thursday it's going on the lift & will work on clearancing the transfer case. It sounds like the noises are coming from the passenger side of the tunnel. Does that make any sense?

Had the exhaust re-routed today - took care of some of the noises. Thursday it's going on the lift & will work on clearancing the transfer case. It sounds like the noises are coming from the passenger side of the tunnel. Does that make any sense?
The passanger side didn't have any clearance issues when we did it.

Glad some of it went away.

Has anyone else tried this with only a 1" BL (Rubicon Unlimited)?
Save yourself the headache and buy the 1.25” lift. With 1.25” lift you’ll still need a hair more that you can “clearance” the tub. But a 1/16-1/8” is difficult to gain when you clearance the tub. I couldn’t imagine having to gain over .25”.

This thread was invaluable in helping me get the skid installed on my TJ. I wanted to add this pic though that shows all the parts in the orientation they will go...it can be a little confusing and might save someone some guess work...
IMG_1146.jpg

wow. What a difference!
Something to consider about aluminum and steel, if you live in an area where you have to deal with salt (by the ocean or north where roads are salted) galvanic corrosion can end up 'welding' aluminum and steel together. This can be mitigated with nylon washers. That said, it would take a lot of exposure over a long time for that to happen in this application.

While viewing this thread, My Jeep is sitting there mocking me with its shovel....Well done and thanks for sharing all the info. Tremendous mod imo.

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
This thread was invaluable in helping me get the skid installed on my TJ. I wanted to add this pic though that shows all the parts in the orientation they will go...it can be a little confusing and might save someone some guess work...
View attachment 121324

this image gave me the idea to fly back to AK with the kit. Thank you.

Reactions: Apparition
Thanks for doing this write up. I used it as a reference many times while doing my own install.

Thanks to the stimulus check ordered my savvy skid. Now to see how long it will take to get here.
I ordered mine a week before KOH and received it in a timely manner. I was working out of town, so I don't remember exactly how long it took. While I was doing my installation of all my skid plates I had to call them to get some stuff and they were very responsive.

Good things to note. Definitely looking at one of these units, but not sure if I'm ready for a tummy tuck just yet

Reactions: Apparition