Savvy Under Armor / Skid Plate Install Write-Up

I got mine in January and still haven’t opened the box.

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I’ll open it, tomorrow, it’s only a day away.

This thread will be super helpful. Thanks!

Are you concerned about needing driveshaft work or just haven't got around to it? When I did Tom's it was actually fairly straight forward and quick. The hardest part was actually trying to get the dam engine skid to line up with the oil drain hole. For my ucf I got a stahlbus drain to make oil changes easier in the future.

I wish savvy still made one for my jeep. It would have been easier than the route I'm taking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATDC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Are you concerned about needing driveshaft work or just haven't got around to it? When I did Tom's it was actually fairly straight forward and quick. The hardest part was actually trying to get the dam engine skid to line up with the oil drain hole. For my ucf I got a stahlbus drain to make oil changes easier in the future.

I wish savvy still made one for my jeep. It would have been easier than the route I'm taking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATDC/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Currently I don't have a DC. I'll order one from TW when I get the SYE installed. Lots of parts sitting around, everything except the SYE, which is on order, and the DC.

Honestly, just haven't got around to unboxing it! I want to get it out this weekend so I can start painting the steel parts.

Reactions: Alex01
Just got an email it has finally shipped. Michael from Savvy e-mailed me to let me know shipping charges were astronomical so he was shopping around to find me a better deal.

Reactions: JMT
I like this skid and crossmember but worry that my transmission doesn't end up where it needs to be. Plus I don't know if my STaK's t-case will fit if people are having to dimple the tub for a stock 231.

Get busy

I like this skid and crossmember but worry that my transmission doesn't end up where it needs to be. Plus I don't know if my STaK's t-case will fit if people are having to dimple the tub for a stock 231.

Get busy
Have you looked into the UCF skid and genright universal crossmember?

Fwiw @tomtaylz's had the savvy skid and his np241 fit with minor clearancing. He had a 1.25 Bl

Have you looked into the UCF skid and genright universal crossmember?

Fwiw @tomtaylz's had the savvy skid and his np241 fit with minor clearancing. He had a 1.25 Bl

I have 2 of the GenRight crossmembers. Just not sure yet what I am doing for a skid.

My STaK's is a LOT bigger than a NP241.

20200417_132042.jpg

I have 2 of the GenRight crossmembers. Just not sure yet what I am doing for a skid.

My STaK's is a LOT bigger than a NP241.

View attachment 155119
Larger then an atlas? The genright is often used with an atlas. Ucf also has a diy skid without the crossmember or holes since the genright crossmember would be holding everything up.

BKT1050drop__67258.1488494788.1280.1280.jpg

Larger then an atlas? The genright is often used with an atlas. Ucf also has a diy skid without the crossmember or holes since the genright crossmember would be holding everything up.

View attachment 155139

Yes the STaK's is larger than an Atlas. But I was commenting that I REALLY like the Savvy skid but I doubt it would work with my V-8 swapped engine/transmission & HUGE transfer case. I have the GenRight universal crossmembers one for the transmission and one for the t-case. What skid plate I use is still up in the air.

But the Savvy setup for a stock drivetrain is AWESOME. That is all I was saying.

STaK Demension .jpg

And the thing weighs 150 lbs to boot.

Yes the STaK's is larger than an Atlas. But I was commenting that I REALLY like the Savvy skid but I doubt it would work with my V-8 swapped engine/transmission & HUGE transfer case. I have the GenRight universal crossmembers one for the transmission and one for the t-case. What skid plate I use is still up in the air.

But the Savvy setup for a stock drivetrain is AWESOME. That is all I was saying.

View attachment 155144

And the thing weighs 150 lbs to boot.
How that thing is no joke.

I agree the savvy unit is amazing. I wish it was still made for my year.

Reactions: Wildman
Currently I don't have a DC. I'll order one from TW when I get the SYE installed. Lots of parts sitting around, everything except the SYE, which is on order, and the DC.

Honestly, just haven't got around to unboxing it! I want to get it out this weekend so I can start painting the steel parts.
When you put your SYE in measure for the shaft and let me know I have a extra Adams shaft that’s 19” of you need it.

Parts are strung out on bench and plan on starting to paint tomorrow. Any update on Sharkhide Al coating? @Rook

Thanks for write up!

@Rook I'm also interested about that. As well as why you didn't choose to use POR 15 for the steel crossmember? Wouldn't it be better than the krylon and last way longer?

Has anyone installed the Savvy with a Rubicon? Wondering how you mounted the locker compressors. Trying to decide between UCF and Savvy for the tuck.

Has anyone installed the Savvy with a Rubicon? Wondering how you mounted the locker compressors. Trying to decide between UCF and Savvy for the tuck.

I'm gonna try to do mine soon I think but I relocated my locker pumps on driver fender in the bracket they hang on a while ago. I suggest doing it to keep them out of the mud. Don't really have to worry about that now.

Yes...I moved the pumps up to the engine bay, under the power brake, on the wheel well.

Reactions: Kevin Q and Alex01
Yes...I moved the pumps up to the engine bay, under the power brake, on the wheel well.
X2. You'll need a longer hose for the rear and also some wires so you can extend the lines. Moving the pumps is fairly easy to do.