Savvy update

Artsifrtsi

I just wanna go wheeling...
Supporting Member
At PCB Jeep Jam, talked to the reps at the booth. They confirmed that they will be keeping/releasing all the body armor and suspension parts. They said front bumpers will have some mods/improvement. The mid arm kits they said were ready to start shipping…

At PCB Jeep Jam, talked to the reps at the booth. They confirmed that they will be keeping/releasing all the body armor and suspension parts. They said front bumpers will have some mods/improvement. The mid arm kits they said were ready to start shipping…

The question is, when is everything going to be available again.

They said aluminum arms can be ordered by calling customer suppor, I‘d imagine calling them you could find out what’s available, and when

If available why not have them on the website, they must not really “want” to sell them or still working the website.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Well they do have these armor parts in stock... So all you would need is the steering box skid and gas tank skid....
CE-9085MS.jpg

SAV-UAENG-324x324.jpg

If you have the '03 or newer
UAM-LATE-324x324.jpg

SAV-BLTJ-324x324.jpg

SAV-MMLTJ-324x324.jpg
or
Ce-9200-324x324.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: RINC and reddvltj
Yep I missed the part about being a '98
Couldn't a guy get some nutserts and relocate the frame bolt locations?

I’m not familiar with the early TJs, but I believe Blaine has said that to convert a late TJ UA skid to early TJ, you’d be better off to start over.

Reactions: reddvltj
Any discussion of the rumor that rock Krawler was gonna start providing joints or building control arms for Savvy? That thread is so bloated I don't even want to go back and try to find who posted that or where they got the info.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Any discussion of the rumor that rock Krawler was gonna start providing joints or building control arms for Savvy? That thread is so bloated I don't even want to go back and try to find who posted that or where they got the info.

I believe there are no updates outside of the original screenshot where Gerald said they were talking with Rock Krawler about it.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Not really. You could do that and build a custom crossmember and trans mount but at that point, why not just make your own aluminum skid.
For the average DIYer how would one go about bending the 1/4″ 6061-T6 tempered Aluminum without a brake press? Or if starting out with a lesser hardened plate, having it put through the hardening process after making the bends... ?

Edit:
I guess it wouldn't be an impossible task, just not sure it's one I would want to undertake...
https://www.thefabricator.com/thefa...ing-aluminum-101-how-to-bend-6061-t6-aluminum

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RINC

If you had posted this this morning, I could have asked. Not planning going to the vendor field before we leave…

Reactions: freedom_in_4low