Saw a cool JK build today... Wait did I say that right? ;)

JamesAndTheSahara

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
But the only JK thing about it was the frame ;). Really well done & great to look at in person!

IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG

I see lots of them around Sac and near by. Lots of wheelin up 50 and 80. Many are nicely done, not just angry grills and led's. The JK (not unltd) look best, IMO. But the Unltd can look cool too, just prefer the standard JK.

Hate to admit it, but I kinda like the new JL 2 dr. They improved the dumbo ears a little, and looks like they added A pillar roll bar protection. Bout time.

At that point, it's hardly even a Jeep anymore, haha.

I like it though!

Hate to admit it, but I kinda like the new JL 2 dr. They improved the dumbo ears a little, and looks like they added A pillar roll bar protection. Bout time.
Yes, and you can now lay the windshield down like it was designed to do without unbolting the top roll bar from the windshield (at least it looks that way).

Reactions: bobthetj03
That is actually pretty cool! But you're right, at that point it's hardly even a Jeep anymore!

Pass ... still seeing way too much jk with the front grille and wheel arches
The JK front bumper is sooooooo ugly.
The JL front bumper is sooooooo ugly.

TJ is still the best.

Sorry guys, I think my comment is offensive to the JK lovers. My bad. :(

Last edited:
What are you doing back at Motobilt? Is that your new hang out? Love Motobilt stuff. I’d get their rock sliders if they had a step.

P.s. I like your Jeep better @JamesAndTheSahara

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Looks like an old Jeep Commando rear end.

View attachment 26938
I saw that, too. My favorite part of the rig, actually! I drove a bull-nose Commando for a while. Mustard yellow with a white hardtop. AMC 304 V-8 and a 727 automatic. I think it was a '74 (last year of production...?). It was my buddy's rig. Anyways, I absolutely loved it. Have considered acquiring one of my own many, many times...