Saw my first Gladiator today

04 LJ

🇺🇸 JEEP 🇺🇸
Supporting Member
Appears to be a base model. Not impressed like I thought I would be. Too long, too low, TOO JKU. Just meh.

52E56603-A352-41C3-9681-58CB891EF863.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw a black Rubicon while I was driving by the dealership, it looked pretty sick. I saw another Rubicon in silver on the road, looked terrible. I just can’t decide on these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take any of the Gladiator trims over it’s competition. Be it the Ranger 4x4, Colorado 4x4, or the Tacoma 4x4.

The Jeep Rubicon Gladiator makes the Tacoma TRD Pro look like a joke with its Dana 44’s, its removable top and doors, and 4:1 xcase.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Appears to be a base model. Not impressed like I thought I would be. Too long, too low, TOO JKU. Just meh.

View attachment 95554

Looking back at the TJ offerings when they were still “new” and at dealers if you wanted the 30 inch tires and “off road package” on the TJ you were forced into the Sport or Sahara trim at the least.

An off road package...on a TJ. Not sure what it came with.

The Base TJ and X trim looked out of proportion.

Make me wonder why they offer these base trims...?

Reactions: 04 LJ
I'd really like a Rubicon but it won't be in the cards for a few years. I think it's a good size truck for someone who doesn't tow anything and just needs it for the occasional truck things like appliances, building supplies, camping, etc.

It really doesn't take complex engineering/design knowledge to notice there is no fender well opening to require that door.
could be true, but why put in a bunch of work/man hours to build a requirement that they (Jeep) already have a solution for?

More tooling, more manufacturing time, and cheaper cost. Over what, Aesthetics?

Im not trying to argue, just curious why you would do different.