Saw my first Gladiator today

I saw my first JT this morning. It was a Sport. I did not like the looks at all. You pretty much need to put 37s for it to look right.

The even beefier Dana 44’s, the 4:1 transcase, and the doors/windshield/top options wins my vote for a 2 door JT. Plus aesthetics.
I honestly think it looks bad with the doors/top off. I’m not into the look on the truck myself. The eco boost in the raptor hands down for me. 3.6 in that truck is a turd. Limiter is set at 97mph. It’s a boat on take off.

The sideview is extremely ugly. Wow! Looks so odd. The front and back are okay. Just looks out of balance to me. I guess with a topper it would look like some huge Excursion or whatever. They will sell as people seem to love aggressive big vehicles.

Reactions: 04 LJ
My brothers neighbor has a Jeep dealership. He had a Rubicon in his driveway. He let me drive it. I was impressed. I almost took him up on his offer to trade the F 150 on the spot. Just not sure it would pull my TJ on the trailer as well.

2 door raptor would get my vote over the JT for sure. I hate that I just said that, but the powertrain wins hands down between the 2.
I’ll come back to this post when the “go fast” JT comes to market. A long time magazine guy has dropped enough hints its possibly in the works and he may or may not have NDA.

I’ll come back to this post when the “go fast” JT comes to market. A long time magazine guy has dropped enough hints its possibly in the works and he may or may not have NDA.
An engineer at Ford once shared the story in an interview on the reason Ford went to the off-road “go fast” Raptor. Apparently the SVT engineers were wanting to get their hands on the new generation F-150 to see what they could play with to make it go fast, like they did with the 1st and 2nd generation Lightnings and Harley truck.

With the new gen F-150 in shop, they found it too big, too heavy to both make go fast and stop fast. So their answer was off road racing, and the Raptor was born a few months later.

The “too big, too heavy,” quote from the Ford engineer makes me believe your theory on this with the JT. Some JT customers are already Hellcat swapping them.

Last edited: