Saw my first Gladiator today

I think a lot of auto designers do things that aren't absolutely necessary, but just look good and more correct. They should have used a different door on the back of this. I might understand not doing it, if they were budget vehicles, but they are anything but. The rear doors on the Gladiator look exactly like what they are, unnecessary cost cutting, to avoid putting in the little extra for a part that looks like it was meant for it. Those doors don't look like they were meant for it, because they weren't.

They already redesigned the body, the frame and designed the bed, but correct looking doors were off the table? I can guarantee some designers did not like the bean counters decision on this, nor do I. Although the doors are not the only reason I don't like it.

They look great with a topper . I think that configuration will impact their success ...they ‘ll make a good pack mule for groups.

Too early too tell, but the Tacoma sells 20,000 + units a month , and that’s a long way from May’s 2500 + Gladiator sales.

I think a largest in class engine would be big win for Jeep, huge maybe.

Like all Jeep trucks , it will have some loyal fans.

They look great with a topper . I think that configuration will impact their success ...they ‘ll make a good pack mule for groups.

Too early too tell, but the Tacoma sells 20,000 + units a month , and that’s a long way from May’s 2500 + Gladiator sales.

I think a largest in class engine would be big win for Jeep, huge maybe.

Like all Jeep trucks , it will have some loyal fans.
Do they really sell a 1/4 million a year of those? I know they are pretty popular, but that sounds quite high.

I'm not a huge fan of the 4 door jeeps and the base model of the Gladiator looks even worse. I saw 2 red Gladiator Rubicons at a gas station in Flagstaff AZ the day before Overland Expo West started last month... they were obviously heading there for Jeep's vendor display. Personalty I'd spend that money on a 2 door Rubicon if I was buying new. To me the older TJ Jeeps just feel more like a "Jeep" . If I wanted a truck, I'd buy a F250.

Reactions: 04 LJ
Can't tell me this looks bad.

Screenshot_20190605-133455_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting