Saw this yesterday...

Rob5589

Certified video trained differential rebuilder
Supporting Member
Can't recall the model but the owner said it was a 1970 and that the engine could run on virtually any kind of fuel; gas, diesel, kerosene, trans fluid, motor oil, etc. Says he only runs diesel to be on the safe side.

05pnp7O4LuhPGka27hGTY5xTQ8n5FCZ7MzepS88RpUrvhhSh_m2XcXXztfORKmAUEggPaC1_OW7t6WVbvE=w1133-h637-no.jpg

I believe that this truck started life as a 6x6 and got shortened after it was surplussed out (somebody check me on this). I drove one like it (the 6x6 version) as a teenager working at a beach resort in the early 70's. Put a camper box on the back and it would make a great expedition truck.

Reactions: StG58
I believe that this truck started life as a 6x6 and got shortened after it was surplussed out (somebody check me on this). I drove one like it (the 6x6 version) as a teenager working at a beach resort in the early 70's. Put a camper box on the back and it would make a great expedition truck.
That's a not uncommon conversion around here. Several of those with truly massive tires running around. The owners soon found out that it's tough bending them around switchbacks, and pretty much stopped taking them into the backwoods. Cool trucks around town though. You can really fill them with kids.

The owner did mention that.