SB XRC 12K wiring diagram, poor response from SB

tnjeepguy

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have or have a link to a wiring diagram or good picture of the control box wiring on a Smittybilt XRC 12K 3gen winch ? In a weak moment bought one almost new, but does not have a remote and no idea (from 4WP) when they will be available. And someone has cut the plug in wires inside the box. So have to rewire or get a new plug and Warn remote or something ?

These are quite a bit different (more wires, some lights even) than an old Warn setup that I am used to. thanks

Doug

SAB thanks, but that is Gen 2, mine is like this one, Gen 3. Also mine is 12K and steel cable and missing the fancy remote !!

These Gen 3's have a light that comes on when remote plugged in and also have warning lights on remote to tell amp draw. All sort of neat; except when you cannot run because missing the remote or someone cuts the wires !! (paid 300 so not the end of the world, but would like to get it running) thanks D

smittybilt_gen3_xrc_winch_install_04.jpg

I had this too, just no wiring diagram or pic of inside the control box. I have written to SBilt, so will see. Am wondering if the Gen 2 remote plug and the Gen 3 remote plug are the same. Know there are more pins used in Gen 3 but will a Gen 2 remote plug into a Gen 3 control box ?? D

Response from SB:

Hello Doug,

We unfortunately do not have any wiring diagram from the inside of the control box.
We attached a few photos that we have. The remotes are on back order with no current
ETA.

Thank you,

Uriel Martinez
Smittybilt Customer Support Team
Why would you ever buy a Smittybilt winch. D