School me on fuel cells

Excited to see this project moving forward. It’s been in the works for a while.

Hopefully they will offer an aluminum skid to go along with it. For some reason, Dan does not have a whole lot of aluminum offerings when it comes to armor and skids...
I think now that they have the new shop and crew set up and running we'll see more products flowing.

Wonder when they'll get it on their website with some prices.
They are usually pretty good with it. If I was to speculate, once they have a be ch stock built and ready to ship, they’ll add then to their website.

I know for a fact they received an unprecedented amount of orders with their Thanksgiving sale. My order placed on or around Thanksgiving just shipped this week, understandably.

Reactions: Wildman
They are usually pretty good with it. If I was to speculate, once they have a be ch stock built and ready to ship, they’ll add then to their website.

I know for a fact they received an unprecedented amount of orders with their Thanksgiving sale. My order placed on or around Thanksgiving just shipped this week, understandably.

Okay I might call them about it. I need to crawl under the back of mine and see if it would fit or not. If not I'm still looking at the 20 gal fuel cell from GR which would fit really well where my back seat use to be.

i'm stalled. my items from Summit still haven't arrived. the local USPS is refusing to process packages. bills and junk mail are on time, but they are not moving any packages. if i were Summit and/or 200 other business's they are F'n right now this might be class action suit territory.
same goes for my parts from tanks inc.

• Sad
i'm stalled. my items from Summit still haven't arrived. the local USPS is refusing to process packages. bills and junk mail are on time, but they are not moving any packages. if i were Summit and/or 200 other business's they are F'n right now this might be class action suit territory.
same goes for my parts from tanks inc.

Damn that SUCKS. It seems the USPS is having issues in a lot of places. Last time I was in mine they had boxes coming out the back area like crazy.

i can't sit on my hands waitin , so i moved on to pullin the sport bars and gonna start settin up the cage. 1 more bitch bolt and i'll have the junk out.

in order to keep the sending unit active i made a cheezy aluminum bracket to move it off the face of the can and shift it over so it has room to function. and since the can is buried up into the pump ring, i added a couple holes and lowered that top edge some to ensure that can gets filled when the cell does. it's about 4" at it's furthest swing point now, and wont contact anything.
since the cell is so shallow and i'm compressing the pump assy about as much as it allows, i think the arm is gonna bump the top b4 it reads full on the gauge. but i don't need an accurate full, i need to know when empty is coming.
you may notice the loose screw.......this has to be assembled to the can once inside the cell, it won't fit through the pump hole.
134173948_195063912305663_4642210377395053527_n.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Looks like a pretty straight forward competitor to the 15 gal. Genright Alien one as far as components included. The main difference being the way they get the 15 gal. volume and the stretch you can achieve.

Motobilt claims 6" and Genright claims 9". Is that extra stretch worth it at ~$133/inch?

i need to extend the in tank sender wires.
does anybody know how to get the sending unit connection off of the bottom of the pump assembly cap?
there is no obvious tab lock and a few good tugs and wiggles didn't loose it. i don't wanna tug any harder and break it.

pics below
YLW/BLK is the 1 i need to extend but both connectors looks the same.

135758086_3560394380680547_6857719576087195909_n.jpg

135204036_3950203331669352_7250206336669734031_n.jpg

Last edited:
i need to extend the in tank sender wires.
does anybody know how to get the sending unit connection off of the bottom of the pump assembly cap?
there is no obvious tab lock and a few good tugs and wiggles didn't loose it. i don't wanna tug any harder and break it.

@toximus might know. I'll tag him.

Reactions: someguysjeep
I have a junk one in my garage I was saving for parts. I'll look at it and see if I can figure it out.

can't find a definite answer if liquid electrical tape would do once cured. some do claim to be solvent resistant.

i got that bitch.....it was in there tight and didn't wanna give up, but it came loose. thanx again.

as i dig into it , it seems that PTFE coated wire and PTFE heat shrink, are safe to use.

Last edited: