Scotty Kilmer on the new Jeeps

Pffft... my wife has a new Sahara JL and it is amazing. It's off road capabilities rock and we will be taking it to Moab next summer. In some cases he is too old school but I agree about the Renegade, I don't think it should be a Jeep.
We love the JL so much and have had so much fun offroading and doors off that I am now in the market for a 2003 - 2006 Rubi. Hence my presence on this forum :)

When my wife decides she wants a new ride, we are going to be seriously looking at the JLU Rubicons. Like them or not, they hold their value way better than almost any other vehicle out there, and I am so tired of seeing the value of new cars drop like a rock when pulling them off the lot. Then, as we know...if you keep them nice and hold them for 10-12+ years, their value curve may actually go back up at some point. The crew cab Tacoma's will also be high on our list.

JKU - 58% retention value after 5 years per this article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgor...ues-among-all-vehicles-for-2018/#4a3e7a4c6675

@Chris - your Honda Odyssey is looking real good here too! We just don't want/need a mini-van with one kid.

@Chris - your Honda Odyssey is looking real good here too! We just don't want/need a mini-van with one kid.[/QUOTE]

I love that Odyssey, haha. It's a 2012 Touring Elite, but I got it from the original owner with 68k miles, which I feel good about. Normally they go for around 50k for this model brand new, but I got it for 20k, so I'm happy about that.

It's got all the cool features too like the cool box, widescreen TV, HDMI hookups, etc.

With one kid, you don't need it. With three kids though, you'll absolutely love a minivan. I watch my sister struggle with the 3rd row on her 2012 Ford Explorer. I'm glad we don't have that struggle with the minivan.

Reactions: mots
I love TJs and can't wait to get one. That being said the new JL is definitely not a Fiat. They took the JK and made everything better. The stock Rubi JLs are beyond capable off the factory floor and there have been quite a few guys pushing them to their limits to prove it. Regardless I know this isn't a JL forum so I'll stop singing their praises here :)

I look practically everyday for a TJ but either the price is wrong or the Jeep is wrong. I'll find one eventually.

Fiat Jeep is an oxymoron.

40187805_2142897905928355_8077286011354218496_o.jpg

Reactions: JMT and jodomcfrodo
Haha... I love this Scotty Kilmer guy. Never heard of him until today, but I like the way this guy thinks!

Totally agree with everything he said. We must have like minds.

Reactions: Equilibrium31
I have to admit, I have soft spot for Fiats. But, not the new ones! My Dad took me to the Fuel Altered Nationals every year when we lived in Tucson, AZ. We even travelled to Orange County and El Paso to see these little beasts. As a kid, some of my favorites were the old Fiats. Talk about exciting and dangerous...a short wheelbase with a blown Hemi running nitromethane! I recall seeing one hit 230+ MPH in the quarter mile (Super Nanook was the name of the car).

- When asked by a fan at a fuel altered event what it was like to drive the famed Winged Express AA/FA, the late William Bowen Borsch commented in his folksy sort of manner, “Try putting a blown fuel Chrysler engine into a car the size of a Volkswagen. Then drop a brick on the throttle and hang on!”
from https://www.hotrod.com/articles/fue...-heyday-wild-wooly-wheelstanders-tire-fryers/

Here are some Fiats (bodies) you gotta give some love to...
7c7269c6eb3663d340eb759cca26956f.jpg

er-rat-fiat-winged-express-hot-rod-drag-races-1969.jpg

mikesullivan_drm1.jpg

4_6.jpg

fiat-topolino-bad-habit-fuel-altered.jpg

Haha... I love this Scotty Kilmer guy. Never heard of him until today, but I like the way this guy thinks!

Totally agree with everything he said. We must have like minds.
He has a pretty great YouTube channel that he's been very active with for several years. His channel has a lot of general car advice stuff for people of all experience backgrounds (great for noobs like me), but he also does some good reviews of different tools and car products as well.

Reactions: Chris
Don't know, I've stopped watching Scotty Kilmer's stuff. I find a too much misinformation when it's something I know about to to trust him on the stuff I don't know. Out of all the regularly updated YouTube mechanics I've seen he is by far the most obnoxious and most often wrong. I also suspect he'd never admit to being wrong even if someone proves it to him, just seems like that kind of guy.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I love TJs and can't wait to get one. That being said the new JL is definitely not a Fiat. They took the JK and made everything better. The stock Rubi JLs are beyond capable off the factory floor and there have been quite a few guys pushing them to their limits to prove it. Regardless I know this isn't a JL forum so I'll stop singing their praises here :)

I look practically everyday for a TJ but either the price is wrong or the Jeep is wrong. I'll find one eventually.

The is a very nice 06 Rubicon in Scottsboro, Alabama
for sale , 46,000 miles I think , totally set up . Craig's list. Not Cheap, no such thing on these .