Scrat 2.5 to Scrat Limited 5.9

Got your new sneakers? What did you go with?

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. $303 a tire, 35X12.50r15s.
I haven't had this tall of a mud tire in a long time so I wasn't sure how it would handle. I got to say that I have only driven home 30 miles but they are smooth and stable! I got up to 80 just to see how it would be on the highway.

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. $303 a tire, 35X12.50r15s.
I haven't had this tall of a mud tire in a long time so I wasn't sure how it would handle. I got to say that I have only driven home 30 miles but they are smooth and stable! I got up to 80 just to see how it would be on the highway.

Well you've got the engine to push those tires.

Glad they are working for you. Look forward to hearing back how you like them.

Reactions: Paparock1
Not Jeep related,
Spent the weekend Jan 11th -14th without the Jeep up in Chattanooga for a getaway. we left a day early as the freezing weather was coming in and did not want to get stuck at the Airbnb we rented. My wife and I loved the area. We have had a great time with so much to do compared to where we live now. We have been thinking to move to Florida beach in the pan handle but now we are reconsidering. She works from home for a company that doesn't mind her moving. I am an A&P mechanic so I can move up there somewhere as well. I know I could find a job in Huntsville but I am actually trying to stay away from that.

Jeep related, I am loving the tires. Rides nice and does not have any howl. I was on a small dirt trail/road for a little bit is all I have had them in dirt but from what little I did I am looking forward to getting them in the dirt!

I bought some new never installed ZONE 4 in lift springs for 100 bucks. I assumed after putting in the V8 that the current (DIRTY springs) were old and sagging. The pic bellow is a side by side comparison. They are the same height. but looking at the springs my current springs that all I know is that it was a lift kit from made by black mountain jeep, installed by Collins Brothers in Texas back in 2012. The old springs have a couple more spring coils (wraps) than the ZONE ones. I could guess what the difference maybe but does anyone have any advice on which ones I should put in?
20240219_104307.jpg

I bought some new never installed ZONE 4 in lift springs for 100 bucks. I assumed after putting in the V8 that the current (DIRTY springs) were old and sagging. The pic bellow is a side by side comparison. They are the same height. but looking at the springs my current springs that all I know is that it was a lift kit from made by black mountain jeep, installed by Collins Brothers in Texas back in 2012. The old springs have a couple more spring coils (wraps) than the ZONE ones. I could guess what the difference maybe but does anyone have any advice on which ones I should put in?
View attachment 502293

If the springs have the same free length, but one has fewer coils, it should give more lift than the one with more coils. It’s stiffer.

well after reading about springs I went out and measured the thickness. the new coils are 5/8s thick, the old coils are 11/16s thick.
what might the difference in ride with a coil spring that has less coils and 1/16th smaller diameter in thickness?

well after reading about springs I went out and measured the thickness. the new coils are 5/8s thick, the old coils are 11/16s thick.
what might the difference in ride with a coil spring that has less coils and 1/16th smaller diameter in thickness?

Idk about your question other than total spring rate will affect that to a degree.the general consensus here is that shocks play more of a role in ride quality?

As a side note,less coils and smaller diameter make me think the new coils will be more likely to sag over time.

Reactions: Paparock1