Screaming Yellow Bonkers

Haven’t done much over the holidays but today I removed the hard top. I then brought it into the garage where we can start deep cleaning, priming and painting.

155656FE-1F3D-4D06-A23E-2C48B594E3F0.jpeg

Reactions: Alex0413
Finally got the upstream O2 sensors out. I had removed the exhaust system in preparation for a new Magnaflow system front to back. But, I was have a very hard time getting those sensors out of the manifold. Finally just threw the heat to them and used a 22mm box wrench. Once they broke loose they came right out.

Got the new upstream O2 sensors installed as well as new captive nuts for the exhaust bolts. New bolts too. Finished with the inside. Painted the tub floor, installed new carpet, wired for the seat heaters, reinstalled console and shifter boot, installed seats. Also installed faux rock sliders with useless step (I think that is the brand name😂).

Today I installed the Trektop NX soft top. Pro tip: if there are no sunny 70 degree days in your future, put an electric space heater inside and warm up the fabric that way.

1A1CAC83-FA11-418F-A385-E8102C682F86.jpeg

2DB0BCB5-59AC-4F7A-8415-CCBF76F5A411.jpeg

ECBE30DA-FC31-4325-AE8F-992B93DAEC84.jpeg

78512810-79F4-43D3-AD7D-5777FFFBE0D7.jpeg

1DD2240D-8849-42FD-9290-9C2595B41102.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
It’s going back together pretty well. The rest of the Magnaflow showed up today so tomorrow will be exhaust day.

Reactions: Hog
Thanks, now that I can drive it some, I discovered that it is idling high, around 1200-1500 most of the time. I looked over the vacuum lines that I could see and didn't see any issues.

Thanks, now that I can drive it some, I discovered that it is idling high, around 1200-1500 most of the time. I looked over the vacuum lines that I could see and didn't see any issues.
Clean the throttle body.

Yep, checked that too. No binding on any of the cables, throttle snaps right back.

The only issue I had when cleaning the IAC was the gasket tore when I took that apart. I made a new one, I wonder if maybe it could be leaking.

It’s going back together pretty well. The rest of the Magnaflow showed up today so tomorrow will be exhaust day.
Post a video of how it sounds when you install your magnaflow.. I’d like to hear it

Did you sort out the fact you "kinda" have heat? Search for how to flush a TJ heater core. If it's not leaking it's likely clogged.