Searching for TJ differential cover replacement bolts

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I have done extensive Googling and finally decided to make an account in hopes of finding an answer. I am looking for replacement differential cover bolts. I had found some on ExtremeTerrain but they are asking $10 a bolt. If anyone has a link to replacement bolts or can recommend a replacement cover it would be greatly appreciated.

they are 5/16-18 3/4" long flange bolts. Head on down to the hardware store.

Reactions: JMT
they are 5/16-18 3/4" long flange bolts. Head on down to the hardware store.
I had figured you could just go to a hardware store and pick them up. I was just unsure of whether or not there were any special requirements for the bolts. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Would this be good?

0B158566-D742-4592-AA4D-AE1BACD24250.png

Agreed but these are likely less than $1 each at the hardware store.

If you get all 50 you can share with others on the forum!

Reactions: DrDmoney
Agreed but these are likely less than $1 each at the hardware store.
Yeah, go try that search at Ace or True Value, wont find them at Home Depot or Lowes. It's fairly special hardware. I may have a few hundred of them but they are the wrong length or have the wrong washer. I find and buy stuff like these bolts at an army surplus stores. While I would use a shorter bolt, I wont recommend someone else to do that.

Ace and true value is what I was referring to when I said hardware store. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t consider HD or Lowe’s a hardware store. They hardly ever have the hardware that I need...