Sears Sold Craftsman Division

How long ago was that sir? That's a BS policy if I ever heard one.
Probably 6 months ago, I dropped that busted ratchet wrench in the trash after that. I have noticed the quality of their ratchets dropped off dramatically once they went to the plastic toggle switch. The versions with the plastic toggle just don't hold up.

Reactions: Stinger
Probably 6 months ago, I dropped that busted ratchet wrench in the trash after that. I have noticed the quality of their ratchets dropped off dramatically once they went to the plastic toggle switch. The versions with the plastic toggle just don't hold up.

They are plastic now? Wow... mine are all metal.

Sheesh, Crafstman has really turned to complete shit. What am I supposed to buy now?

I think Husky tools are supposed to be pretty decent. They are made in Taiwan, but my friend really likes his.

The couple times they replaced ratchets for me in years past they pulled it out of a cardboard box of rebuilt ratchet wrenches. I never received a brand-new replacement ratchet wrench off the shelf.

That does seem odd as I have replaced several Craftsman items over the years (as recently last August) and each time they kept the item at the register while I went to get the replacement item from the display.

My very first replacement probably around 1969 was for a 1/4" drive ratchet that I actually found on the side of the road.

Reactions: Chris
My daughter works in the tool department at Sears (at least until Cabela's starts hiring for their new store here!). She has been trained to disassemble and repair Craftsman ratchets on the spot, and is expected to do just that. If it can't be repaired she pulls a replacement off the shelf. That's the policy at the store where she works, she is not sure if that is a nationwide policy.

Reactions: Stinger and Chris
I too noticed their ratchets turned to crap! I still have one in each size up to 3/4 and they are horrible. Wide throw between clicks, and change rotation without me turning the dial. So as they start to get bad they go into the trash. I don't want to rebuild junk. So far I have had good luck with Husky stuff.

The couple times they replaced ratchets for me in years past they pulled it out of a cardboard box of rebuilt ratchet wrenches. I never received a brand-new replacement ratchet wrench off the shelf.

Same thing here. I should take a old one and demand one exactly like it when they pull that stunt. Im about finished with them

Reactions: Chris