Seat interchangeability?

JeepFE

I have a ‘98 Sahara and the drivers seat is shot. What Jeep seats bolt in? I’ve heard 2002ish and up tj seats bolt in but are lower and can be raised with spacers. What about later seats? And what about Cherokee seat, are those a bolt in? I want to stay with Jeep seats and if I missed a post that already discusses this in depth, please cut me some slack. New to the forum. Thanks.

@Chris this should probably get moved to the general discussion forum.
Thank you, you are correct! This was definitely not posted in the right area.

I have a ‘98 Sahara and the drivers seat is shot. What Jeep seats bolt in? I’ve heard 2002ish and up tj seats bolt in but are lower and can be raised with spacers. What about later seats? And what about Cherokee seat, are those a bolt in? I want to stay with Jeep seats and if I missed a post that already discusses this in depth, please cut me some slack. New to the forum. Thanks.

You can fit 03-06 seats in as long as you have the bases, that's my understanding.

That or get some nice PRP or Mastercraft seats.

Yep. 03-06 will bolt right in if they have bases. Bases are not interchangeable (97-02 bases won't bolt to an 03-06 seat).

03 rubi seats in my 97
20191202_083323.jpg

Yep. 03-06 will bolt right in if they have bases. Bases are not interchangeable (97-02 bases won't bolt to an 03-06 seat).

03 rubi seats in my 97
View attachment 259352
I heard that they sit lower, did you have to space them up? I haven’t started seriously looking for replacements yet but if I can’t find any with bases is it possible to adapt them to mine? Or is it pretty much impossible without a bunch of welding and fab?

I heard that they sit lower, did you have to space them up? I haven’t started seriously looking for replacements yet but if I can’t find any with bases is it possible to adapt them to mine? Or is it pretty much impossible without a bunch of welding and fab?
They do sit lower. I have 2" risers on mine. Swapping bases would probably involve some fab work. Not sure what the difference is between the two

Thank you, you are correct! This was definitely not posted in the right area.

You can fit 03-06 seats in as long as you have the bases, that's my understanding.

That or get some nice PRP or Mastercraft seats.
Hey Chris or anybody else for that matter?
Have you ever sat in one of these?
My Jeep is in such desperate need of seats, I don't think I can hold off much longer and at $399 per seat + $89 per bracket these are a great deal.
I already know about PRP's quality, just not sure how these would feel or look?
a140110-57[1].jpg

a140110-57[1].jpg

Last edited:
My Jeep is in such desperate need of seats, I don't think I can hold off much longer and at $399 per seat + $89 per bracket these are a great deal.
I already know about PRP's quality, just not sure how these would feel or look?View attachment 259706

View attachment 259706
I have a PRP Daily Driver on the driver side. The high bolster becomes a real bitch to get over if you have to do so a few times a day, every day.

The Daily Driver is nice but does not have a thick cushion so a seat pad helps a lot. Though I wouldn’t advise against them, a reclining seat with a lower bolster is better for a daily driver.

Reactions: Ron505
I already know about PRP's quality, just not sure how these would feel or look?View attachment 259706

View attachment 259706
I haven’t sat in those ones but I currently have the PRP Summit Elite seats and they are hands down one of the best mods I’ve ever done.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I haven’t sat in those ones but I currently have the PRP Summit Elite seats and they are hands down one of the best mods I’ve ever done.
I’d been expecting you to post photos of those seats installed. They look great on the PRP site but I haven’t seen any installed in a TJ.

I’d been expecting you to post photos of those seats installed. They look great on the PRP site but I haven’t seen any installed in a TJ.

Ive posted them in my build thread. They are buried somewhere in there. They look awesome though.

Hey thanks,
Sorry to beat a dead horse, I should have done the search first because I found your old post and the one's about the PRP's.
I'm gonna go ahead and order some of the Enduro's I believe.
I had committed to this being "the summer of love" for my truck, but my seats are trashed and I drive the Jeep just about everyday so I'm looking at it as a necessity now.
Thanks

Reactions: Chris
Hey thanks,
Sorry to beat a dead horse, I should have done the search first because I found your old post and the one's about the PRP's.
I'm gonna go ahead and order some of the Enduro's I believe.
I had committed to this being "the summer of love" for my truck, but my seats are trashed and I drive the Jeep just about everyday so I'm looking at it as a necessity now.
Thanks
PRP makes their seats per order. Current wait time is 7 weeks. This isn’t terrible but every day you delay placing your order adds another day to your wait time. Expect mid-late August if ordered today.

There is surprisingly little detailed info about PRP figment in TJs. For example, the Enduro Elite frame is so wide that the recline lever hits the door. Looks like this guy did use the passenger side mounts for the driver seat though.

I have Daily Driver on the driver side and an Enduro High Back Recliner on the passenger side with driver seat on order (expected delivery late July). The recline lever doesn’t hit the door but if I slide the seat forward, it will hit the cubby. Other than that, the Enduro High Back is great.

PRP makes their seats per order. Current wait time is 7 weeks. This isn’t terrible but every day you delay placing your order adds another day to your wait time. Expect mid-late August if ordered today.

There is surprisingly little detailed info about PRP figment in TJs. For example, the Enduro Elite frame is so wide that the recline lever hits the door. Looks like this guy did use the passenger side mounts for the driver seat though.

I have Daily Driver on the driver side and an Enduro High Back Recliner on the passenger side with driver seat on order (expected delivery late July). The recline lever doesn’t hit the door but if I slide the seat forward, it will hit the cubby. Other than that, the Enduro High Back is great.
I ordered the Enduro Elites today, now the wait begins.

These are the one's I have on order, but just the opposite.
Read is black, black is red using the same materials as you see here for mine.
However, I went with yellow logos, stitching and yellow diamond stitching in the middle sections.
Wife keeps complaining about the seat belts, so I'm gonna go ahead and replace them with black belts with the red pin stripes now.
Guess I'll be watching a lot of videos on youtube about them for now. lol
pdint_2_image_84959.15721506978944.jpg