Seat Raisers

Rory O'Brien

Hello hello, a few questions for you guys. Are any of you running seat risers on an 03-06 model? If so what're you using? I was thinking about just chopping up some 1" square tubing.

Also If i got a line on a set of older seat (I much prefer the older front seats anyways) is it a difficult swap to put them in or is it fairly plug and play?

Thanks in advance

2002 and older TJ seats which are taller drop right in. I used aluminum spacers under my 2004 seats but square steel spacers would work fine too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rory O'Brien
I used some 3/4" steel pipe and longer bolts. Make sure the inside rear bolt which holds the seatbelt is the same grade as the original. It might cost an extra buck to get the correct bolt.

So, why did Jeep drop the seats? Jeep lowered the seats in '03 to create a safer spot for you to sit. Airbags, seatbelts etc. Work better at the lower height...... That said, I'm more comfortable sitting 1.25" higher.

Fat Bob’s Garage 1,25”

Just be careful when you first flip your passenger seat forward, if you put risers under it. Used to see threads on other forums of folks hitting their windshield with the seat, and causing cracks.

If you need just a slight lift, but more leg room, my Mitsch Big Boy Brackets gave me about 4 inches backwards, and a slight lift upward. Really like the extra adjustment on the drivers seat.

Just be careful when you first flip your passenger seat forward, if you put risers under it. Used to see threads on other forums of folks hitting their windshield with the seat, and causing cracks.
I'm fairly certain this is only an issue on the passenger seat. The steering wheel should protect the windshield on the driver side.
I read mixed reviews on what people think is safe, so I bought a set from Rough Country. It was $30 and I sold the ones that were for the passenger side.
As far as what you use for a spacer, I'd guess it would be safest to use something with a hole very close to the diameter of the bolt. And I'd definitely get the highest grade possible bolt.
Anyway, it's a world of difference. I wasn't aware of the change before buying my 2004 and only having my 1997 to compare to. I felt like I was in a bathtub when I got in.

I'm fairly certain this is only an issue on the passenger seat. The steering wheel should protect the windshield on the driver side.
I read mixed reviews on what people think is safe, so I bought a set from Rough Country. It was $30 and I sold the ones that were for the passenger side.
As far as what you use for a spacer, I'd guess it would be safest to use something with a hole very close to the diameter of the bolt. And I'd definitely get the highest grade possible bolt.
Anyway, it's a world of difference. I wasn't aware of the change before buying my 2004 and only having my 1997 to compare to. I felt like I was in a bathtub when I got in.

Yea, should have pointed that out, passenger side, since yea steering wheels and all.