Washington Seattle area Jeep shop recommendations?

jmask

I've been poking around but didn't find any recent threads on this. I know there's a few of you PNW folks on here, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for shops you trust to work on your rigs?

Looking to add lockers and run a re-gear on my jeep, but the job looks a bit daunting to take on myself. Thanks in advance!

I've been poking around but didn't find any recent threads on this. I know there's a few of you PNW folks on here, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for shops you trust to work on your rigs?

Looking to add lockers and run a re-gear on my jeep, but the job looks a bit daunting to take on myself. Thanks in advance!
Mule Expedition would be a safe bet. They're ARB dealer and do a lot of regears.

Reactions: Vasq
Auburn Offroad is a go to for many. I haven’t been there just because everytime I ask for a shop quote for my 3/4 link I never get a response. Maybe you’ll have better interaction with them. I’m having XO Fab do a custom 3/4 link suspension. Look them up and the owner Anthony returns the calls. They do good work. I had rears and gears in port orchard regear my axles. The owner John specializes only with gears and has been doing for both keeps and drag racing vehicles for 20+ years.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Auburn Offroad is a go to for many. I haven’t been there just because everytime I ask for a shop quote for my 3/4 link I never get a response. Maybe you’ll have better interaction with them. I’m having XO Fab do a custom 3/4 link suspension. Look them up and the owner Anthony returns the calls. They do good work. I had rears and gears in port orchard regear my axles. The owner John specializes only with gears and has been doing for both keeps and drag racing vehicles for 20+ years.
Did you talk to Those Guys Customs about the link suspension? If I didn't do my own that's who I would've had do it.

Reactions: Jeeptundra
I’ve bought a lot of tube at XO, he’s a good guy and did some work on my friends rig. I’ve been to Auburn car repair and off road for a couple things I need done in the past. John there is usually my go to for things I can’t do myself. Those guys are also really good. I’ve bought a few parts from him in the past and he’s done some work on a few friends rigs.

I realize this is an old thread but for those sill looking for a shop to do diff work, randy's ring and pinion headquarters is in Everett and they also do installs

I haven't heard anything good about Randy's. Heard a lot of bad.
Wow, no kidding! My bad don't go to randy's. I have gotten parts from them professionaly for years, and assumed their service side was good, but I just looked up their reviews and that place is bad like real bad. Looks like there's a big difference between their wholesale side and consumer side. Sorry for the assumption

Wow, no kidding! My bad don't go to randy's. I have gotten parts from them professionaly for years, and assumed their service side was good, but I just looked up their reviews and that place is bad like real bad. Looks like there's a big difference between their wholesale side and consumer side. Sorry for the assumption
No foul haha. I haven't had any direct experience. I know a guy who had his business use them for fleet maintenance, they would always goof something up and you had to fight tooth and nail to get them to warranty their work, man did they squirm. Also had another buddy years ago get a XJ re-geared there, not only did it somehow have 150+ miles on it when he got it back, but that gear setup didn't last a year.

I would bet the different departments function separately. I know when "randy's worldwide" took over it REALLY started to tank.

Randy's fixed my front diff on warranty paid by ECGS. They seemed like cool people. My front pinion bearing blew up. I haven't done the work so I don't know if you have to hit the housing to get the pinion out but they absolutely MASHED the tail stock of the pinion housing. The pinion ended up getting loose after a couple weeks and they gave me a second gearset which has worked. I'm surprised they have bad rep because I think they strictly do diffs so they must do a lot to stay open..

Randy's
I'm surprised they have bad rep because I think they strictly do diffs so they must do a lot to stay open..
Randy's owns and is Yukon Gear, they make their money in the parts, they don't even need to do install. That's partly why I found it so surprising that their service center sucks. Nation wide, if you have a shop that does diff work there's a pretty good chance the parts you are putting on went through Randy's hands at one point or another, whether you bought from Randy's or another vendor.

Ahh that would explain why ECGS said to go there, he said that's where they buy a lot of their parts.