Arizona Sedona, Sept 26, 27, 30, Oct.1st.

Added to Calendar: 09-26-21, 09-27-21, 09-28-21, 09-29-21, 09-30-21, 10-01-21

So I had my gears done at Letzrol. Here is a recap as I have told this story before. I bought an 8.8 Ford rear end for my 98 TJ. I ordered 4:56 gears and an elocker to put in at the same time since they had a jig and needed to weld on the Ford to TJ parts for me. They quoted me what I thought was a reasonable price for it.

When they got done there wasn't any real issues although they broke a wire for the elocker which was easy for me to fix, but I thought it was pretty unprofessional they didn't fix it. (The short wire coming out of the diff) Anyways, I decided to do the front myself since I knew how and had the tools. Originally I had the 373 gears.

I ordered all of the parts for the front and installed them including the front Eaton E-locker. It went swimmingly if I say so myself, although I had to use a floor jack to crush the sleeve because some how I got wimpy in my old age.

On the test drive, I put it into 4 wheel drive and the thing jumped up in the air and the transfer case popped into neutral. I thought that was weird, so why not try it again. I tried it again and it popped out of gear again. I was like WTF? I didn't even touch the transfer case. So I decided I should count the teeth on the rear end. Sure enough they put 4:88's in the rear and I just got done putting 4:56s in the front. That doesn't work so well.

So I called Lets roll and told them the issue and they didn't believe me and started to hassle me, but the proof was in the gear count. So they said they would bring it in and they would fix it, but I kind of fell in love with the 4:88 gears on the way. So when I got there they offered to redo the front with 4:88 gears for free to match the rear.

The end results is they ended up doing my front and rear and they stood behind there mistake with a little bit of a conversation and pictures, but none the less, i have had no issues with them. I wired up the front and rear lockers and have been using them every since with no issues.

I would recommend them, but I would follow up to make sure there was no mistakes, like check your fluids and wiring if you are getting electric lockers put in. Mine are great not even a tiny whine. I would take my Jeep back to them definitely.

I just wanted you guys to know that shit happens but at the end they did great work.

I'll be heading to Sedona the 16-18th. This coming weekend.
I swear I tried @Plumber1. Tried to see if anyone on the JK forums was heading that way this next week and nothing. Those JK guys don't like getting dirt on the 20" rims ;).
First time in Sedona, if you got recommendations pass them on. Trails, hikes, food or drink...
Cheers!

Reactions: RINC
I swear I tried @Plumber1. Tried to see if anyone on the JK forums was heading that way this next week and nothing. Those JK guys don't like getting dirt on the 20" rims ;).
First time in Sedona, if you got recommendations pass them on. Trails, hikes, food or drink...
Cheers!

Been there once now.

Glad the forum peeps that let me tag along with them ran Broken Arrow last. THAT was Sedona when I thought about trails in Sedona.

Cheers!
I wish I had more info all I have is what has been posted in this form. I have not yet gotten onto Facebook but I was told there area lot of jeepers on FB that you can connect up with there. If you do let me know what you find.

You can also look here https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/list-of-arizona-members-who-like-to-go-off-roading.45756/

Thanks

Last edited:
Cheers!

I've only been twice but would recommend all the trails I've been on.

Broken Arrow
Outlaw
Diamondback Gulch aka Greasy Spoon
Oak Creek Homestead aka Cliffhanger
Soldier Pass (only allow 12 vehicles/day; need a permit - easy to find online, cost $6)

Oak Creek Brewery has really good food and their beers are excellent as well.

Reactions: RINC and Plumber1
Had a blast in Sedona. The rain was insane, caught myself in a Flash Flood at Slide Rock Park. Still one hell of a trip, @Plumber1 enjoy the trip.
3C0DA68F-E958-49D4-BD4C-34262408C41B.jpeg
ABB38CBB-D93F-46B8-B147-BA7D45F7A2A1.jpeg
0B79783C-EF44-42B1-A31F-B5FE22F3AB94.jpeg
Don’t try and rally cross a JKU, just FYI.

scott

I’m pretty busy with work and school but I’d be down to grab a drink or some lunch or something.

@Plumber1 I will admit this was a very ill planned trip just before school starts for the kiddos. But the lack of plans really made it interesting. Made for a lot more stops to sight see on the way to and from.
It was a now-or-never move so i just booked a hotel and went.
- Cruised RT66
- Drove in and around Strawberry and Sunset Crater
- Checked out the Walnut Canyon Ruins
- Checked out the local laundry mat and O'Reilly while I changed alternator and rewired the battery
- Helped a stranded dad and 1yr old on Devils Bridge Trail, 🥵

My dad was the same way. Get in and lets go, bugs the shit out of the wife.

Reactions: Plumber1 and RINC