Arizona Sedona Wheeling Saturday 2/20

DaveC

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Who's up for a day of wheeling in Sedona? Sounds like this is the slower time for wheeling there, thus a good time to go when there aren't as many crowds, sxs and pink jeeps to contend with.

The plan would be to run 3-4 trails on Saturday, 2/20. I've personally only done Soldier's Pass (which is great), but some recon suggests that the combination of Outlaw, Diamondback Gulch, Broken Arrow and possibly Schnebly Hill could make for a good set of trails we could get thru in a day.

Who's in for a day of wheeling in some epic scenic country?

@Blackiosh @RINC @Farmergreg @Boinked @Chris @starkey480 @pc1p @nk24 @Jamison C @ac_ @Gblabla @1945GPW @kmas0n @Rooscooter @JnJ_Adventures @PurpleTJAZ @5632 @Pressurized @Wakeangel @Dale W @ToddL @DaveC

Not in the cards for me - I'm still wrapping up some work on my body panels before tearing it down for the Hemi swap...

That said, I think they're looking at freezing temps and rain Friday through Saturday. Could be super scenic with some snow up there!

Reactions: D M
Well I’m now jeepless so if someone wants to haul me around for the day I’m down 😁

What happened to the Jalapeno??
Sold it last week. TJ market is stupid high right now and rather than beating up a nice low-mileage rig, I’d rather get a chunk of cash for it and buy a beater Rubi later down the road and build off of that.

I also see the economy crashing in the near future and TJs will be practically worthless as people flood the market with vehicles they need to get cash for.

• Sad
Reactions: nk24 and Farmergreg
I'm onboard.
Since I'm on vacation, I might try to spend an overnight or two up there so not to try and pack it all into one day.
And we gotta have @Jamison C at least riding shotgun!

Reactions: Blackiosh
Who's up for a day of wheeling in Sedona? Sounds like this is the slower time for wheeling there, thus a good time to go when there aren't as many crowds, sxs and pink jeeps to contend with.

The plan would be to run 3-4 trails on Saturday, 2/20. I've personally only done Soldier's Pass (which is great), but some recon suggests that the combination of Outlaw, Diamondback Gulch, Broken Arrow and possibly Schnebly Hill could make for a good set of trails we could get thru in a day.

Who's in for a day of wheeling in some epic scenic country?

@Blackiosh @RINC @Farmergreg @Boinked @Chris @starkey480 @pc1p @nk24 @Jamison C @ac_ @Gblabla @1945GPW @kmas0n @Rooscooter @JnJ_Adventures @PurpleTJAZ @5632 @Pressurized @Wakeangel @Dale W @ToddL @DaveC
I'm in. How early? The Google says I'm 3 hours 45 minutes away, so in a TJ, more like 4.5 hours. I may just drive up the night before if you were planning on an early start.

Not in the cards for me - I'm still wrapping up some work on my body panels before tearing it down for the Hemi swap...

That said, I think they're looking at freezing temps and rain Friday through Saturday. Could be super scenic with some snow up there!
I was actually hoping to go this Saturday but figured that may be too short notice for some, especially with rain and snow forecast Friday, and the odd chance it sticks around beyond.

I was actually hoping to go this Saturday but figured that may be too short notice for some, especially with rain and snow forecast Friday, and the odd chance it sticks around beyond
Well I’m now jeepless so if someone wants to haul me around for the day I’m down 😁
You're welcome to ride shotgun with me. Since my TJ is green you can pretend you're in the jalapeno 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Jamison C
I'm in. How early? The Google says I'm 3 hours 45 minutes away, so in a TJ, more like 4.5 hours. I may just drive up the night before if you were planning on an early start.
I'll do a bit of recon to confirm but maybe 9a meet up? Have to see how long each of those trails take and logistics getting between.

I was actually hoping to go this Saturday but figured that may be too short notice for some, especially with rain and snow forecast Friday, and the odd chance it sticks around beyond

You're welcome to ride shotgun with me. Since my TJ is green you can pretend you're in the jalapeno 🤣
True! We can play it by ear once we get closer to that weekend.

Reactions: DaveC
I'm onboard.
Since I'm on vacation, I might try to spend an overnight or two up there so not to try and pack it all into one day.
And we gotta have @Jamison C at least riding shotgun!
My wife's unsure if she'll be going but if she does, we'll be making it an overnight. May be worth looking at a potential 'wheeling day 2' for anyone considering the same.

Reactions: Farmergreg
My wife's unsure if she'll be going but if she does, we'll be making it an overnight. May be worth looking at a potential 'wheeling day 2' for anyone considering the same.
My wife is up for a little jeeping, but Im guessing if she had some company she'd be happy cruising the shops for part of the day!

Reactions: DaveC