Seduced by the Dark Side…

Welding Goats

Well…

I had no intention of this happening…

But it did.

I have been seduced by the “dark side” and have sold my 1999 Jeep Wrangler.

”Walked” into a deal on a vehicle that I couldn’t refuse…

So I sold the TJ, with 192K miles (I know… Just broken in…), to pay for…

A 2013 Jeep Wrangler (with 77K miles)…

And…

More importantly to me, since I live in West Texas…

A Jeep with A/C!!!

So…

While I will still be involve with this overall forum as a whole…

It will now be more JK focused.

Which I know that I am well equipped to handle…

Based upon the knowledge, wisdom and insight I have gained from those that have and run TJs.

Thank you so much, you TJ owners, for being so willing to share your knowledge so to encourage peeps like me to continue to stay within the Jeep community.

Until we meet on the trail…

Best of luck over on the JK forum. I hear there's some good info on which coffee shops have the most windows so you can be seen driving your JK.
Ha ha!:)
Sounds like you'll be a heck of a lot more comfortable and the 3.6L is going to be night and day to the 4.0. Hope you enjoy the new ride... and the A/C!

Best of luck over on the JK forum. I hear there's some good info on which coffee shops have the most windows so you can be seen driving your JK.
Ha ha!:)
Sounds like you'll be a heck of a lot more comfortable and the 3.6L is going to be night and day to the 4.0. Hope you enjoy the new ride... and the A/C!

Now I’m confused. Do I go to the coffee shop before or after driving through the mall parking lot? :)

Going to the 3.6L from the four angry squirrels of the 2.5L is quite the change for sure.

Where are the obligatory pictures?
This thread is worthless without picsThis thread is worthless without pics
IMG_8715.jpeg

1999 Jeep Wrangler (red) sold to make room for a JK.

IMG_8714.jpeg

2013 Jeep Wrangler (blue) that replaced the TJ.

It would be so hard to not get the 4-door and for me and my needs I'd be grabbing a Gladiator. I was really debating Gladiator, but I really need either a solid 1/2 ton or something larger. Funny though after I fixed my truck and fixed my TJ, I've stopped looking at new trucks (I still would have kept all my vehicles though) so that's about $1k in repairs I was gonna do anyway that saved me about $60k.

In any case I really like the simplicity of the TJ vs JK (though still relatively simple) and right now getting vehicles repaired has become a problem for a lot of people I know, including me and my work for a variety of reasons and it's nice that I can fix most stuff on my TJ and almost all of the stuff on my truck myself. For the most part even if a computer goes out I can still limp around, just probably won't get the boost I need for much power. For much of the newer stuff, most of the computers failing means a tow truck and a very long wait to get new parts.

Of course having a 2013 vs a 1999 saves a lot of time to fix 14 years worth of use. I think on a long enough time line and work a 1999 would eventually be more reliable/cheaper, but not everyone wants to spend a bunch of time on repairs and everyone I know with the Pentastar likes the power/drivetrain vs the 2.5L and probably even vs the 4.0L (gearing probably just needs to be changed IMO). TJs can have AC, but mine wasn't that good, especially with the doors off. I'd assume the JK would be more ergonomic and more quiet than a TJ too, though all are loud without doors and especially with mud tires.

In any case, you should still do a JK review/comparison or something and enjoy the rig.