Seen any YJs lately?

MellowYellow

TJ Enthusiast
I passed a YJ yesterday and it dawned on me that it was the first one I had seen in a long time. A guy at work is rebuilding one and that's the only one I know of here in ne TN. Do you see many/any where you are? (Don't count if you HAVE one!!)

I see them from time-to-time, but when I do, they're always in very, very poor condition. I have yet to see one in person that is in very good condition.

TJ's are rare enough out here...so a YJ is as rare as finding a ummm stormtrooper on a uni-cycling in the rain. haha......oh hang on wait a minute
storm.jpg

Actually, there are quite a few around here. Also quite a few CJ's of various types, some of them beautifully restored and some modded very nicely. It's a bit surprising considering the State's use of Sodium Chloride jeep destroyer on the roads.

Last time I was in Hawaii, at Hickam a woman drove a red 93+ YJ and it was in pristine condition. Never got a chance to talk to her about it, as I wanted to purchase it if it looked good.

I see a few in Florida. Always older gentlmen driving them.

I of course have a YJ I drive almost daily that is in excellent condition. (doesnt count...)

There are tons in Alabama, particularly in the Gardendale area. There is a very well known highly reputable shop there that goes by the name of “The Off Road Connection. The owner engineered and sold JB Conversions a few of their products like the low max gears

I have a few friends who are hard core YJ fans. There is also someone down the street from my house who has a YJ also this one is fully stock.
I do see them often on the streets of South Florida.

besides my own:D I see a few every week.

Having previously owned a CJ7, and currently owning a TJ and a YJ, I definitely I take more notice of them, than I do the hoard of stock JKU's being driven by middle aged women in this area

I think it really depends on where you live. Here in Chicago, where the salt is 3 inches deep, I rarely see any. I actually saw one yesterday, but everything was rusted out on it and the top was falling off. Thats the only YJ I've seen since I moved here 5 months ago.

I'm pretty sure this video was shot in the Illinois DOT headquarters:

I see one pretty regularly on my drive in to work. But it’s only one, and I live in an area with 7 million people. And I’ve only seen 2 CJs in the past few months. Both restored but again not that common to see them. Even cruising craigslist I tend to see more tjs than yjs for sale.

I saw three this month, both in pretty good condition. One was right behind me filling up and it was modified to the teeth for offroading. Had at least a 4" lift, CB antenna, big ol' mudders (35's maybe). It was a nice YJ. Wish I had taken pictures of it and had a chance to talk to the owner.

Saw this one at work earlier this month. Darn thing was whiter than mine. Looked in great condition. The "angry eyes" on the YJ headlights though...

IMG_1570.JPG

There is actually a YJ not far from where I live. Soft top, Jerry can mount on the sides, and some other accessories I can't think of. I know it has tube doors because I seen them during the summer. I'll take a snapshot of it when I drive by it.

Last edited: