Sell busted up catalytic converters?

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I called around to see if anyone near me buys/recycles busted cats and the best offer I got was scrap tin price which is priced per ton which equates to pennies for my 2 cats. If they were whole they offered me more. Has anyone had luck finding a place that'll offer more?

IMG_20200208_133424.jpg

Around here there are a number of places that will buy them, most who will pay at least $100 per cat if I remember correctly.

scrapyards buy them around here.
but the $ has dropped to try and stall the theft of them from right off your car while it's parked.

Around here there are a number of places that will buy them, most who will pay at least $100 per cat if I remember correctly.

I was thinking, it's not worth me hanging onto these bits and driving someplace. If you want to sell them, I'd just give them to you for the price of shipping... You keep the profits.

If Chris passes, my offer stands for everyone else in the order of comments.

I was thinking, it's not worth me hanging onto these bits and driving someplace. If you want to sell them, I'd just give them to you for the price of shipping... You keep the profits.

If Chris passes, my offer stands for everyone else in the order of comments.
Oh man, I totally missed the part and the photo about them being busted up. I was using my phone and obviously overlooked that. All the places I know won’t buy them busted up, so my guess is they are just scrap at this point.

Thanks for the offer though 👍

“Busted” was in the thread title too 🤣

This is why I shouldn’t be online the moment I wake up 🤪