Sell hard top for twill top?

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
I've always been a proponent of dual tops. HT is great for the winter months, soft top for the spring, summer, and fall. I ran a soft top year round on my X, and it was fine...giving some serious thought to putting up the pristine hard top for sale, the factory sailcloth soft top (only used for 6k or so), and ordering up a Bestop Supertop NX in black twill...I know some of you have a twill top - if you do, would you still rather have a hard top for the colder months?

Last edited:
Reactions: RussTJ
I have a twill supertop nx but still would be nice to have a hard top for some extended trips. I run the soft top all winter just fine. It’s a Jeep I wear a warmer coat than in my wife’s car I expect that. I also installed seat heaters. Best mod for winter ever. But I occasionally will drive it across Colorado to hit trails on the western slope or Even Moab. It would be nice for the toad portion to have the option of a hardtop now that I’m getting older I appreciate comfort more and more

I have a twill supertop nx but still would be nice to have a hard top for some extended trips. I run the soft top all winter just fine. It’s a Jeep I wear a warmer coat than in my wife’s car I expect that. I also installed seat heaters. Best mod for winter ever. But I occasionally will drive it across Colorado to hit trails on the western slope or Even Moab. It would be nice for the toad portion to have the option of a hardtop now that I’m getting older I appreciate comfort more and more
I appreciate the input. Good observation...I do enjoy the quiet and security of the hard top...especially on a long trip.

Reactions: RussTJ and Starrs
I much prefer my soft top for convenience but will keep hold of both just in case as I know it’s going to be damn near impossible to get another hard top in good condition like mine if I sold it. I actually plan on taking more hard top out of storage and putting it back on tomrrow

I much prefer my soft top for convenience but will keep hold of both just in case as I know it’s going to be damn near impossible to get another hard top in good condition like mine if I sold it. I actually plan on taking more hard top out of storage and putting it back on tomrrow
Today's hard top day for me...nicest day we'll probably have in a while.

we are expecting snow soon so I'm putting it back on while the weather is still dry. I have had it off since May so want to to make sure all the new seals I have fitted are working how they should be,

Hard top's back on. What a day - cleaned up leaves in the morning, washed Jeep, took off soft top & put it into storage, installed hard top. Didn't even get a chance to drive it yet...

I was going to sell my hardtop but decided to keep it. I did buy the trektop NX ( still in the box) for when I do take it off.
If anything ever happens to the soft top at least I will still have the hard top.

Reactions: Reign Mack
Got my hardtop back on today, all new seals new liftgage hinges the doors and pretty tight and need slamming now as I got new seals for the doors are bigger than my old ones.
D831955A-2F2C-4208-A73E-E8E6F52FBEFE.jpeg

Too bad you aren't local! I'd buy your flawless khaki hardtop so that I can avoid repainting mind (it's got paint coming off in a number of areas).

My hardtop went back on a few days ago. I'm happy to have it. And I'll be happy to remove it next spring. A transforming Jeep is part of the fun for me. ;)

Does that stuff stay on really well?
Yes as long as you do the correct prepping of the surface, I have done the fenders, wheel arches and hood louvers on my jeep too should have used this stuff earlier. It’s very easy apply I used an air compressor

Reactions: Starrs
Yes as long as you do the correct prepping of the surface, I have done the fenders, wheel arches and hood louvers on my jeep too should have used this stuff earlier. It’s very easy apply I used an air compressor

That looks good, I like it! I think I'd even like that on the fenders. I didn't know you could get it tinted though, I thought it only came in a few basic colors (i.e. black).

That looks good, I like it! I think I'd even like that on the fenders. I didn't know you could get it tinted though, I thought it only came in a few basic colors (i.e. black).
They make different colors for sure. Not sure if raptor liner does but tan is available in a bedliner