SOLD Semi High-Mileage 1997 Wrangler TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephry73

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
$4,800 OBRO
Posting this ad with a heavy heart. Lack of space and moving soon I need to post the Jeep for sale. This past year and change of owning it have been great. I originally purchased the jeep to stretch it and to the TJ6 conversion, or something like that.

I have fixed, changed and upgraded many things in the jeep and she is definitely a daily driver. Handles well, wet or dry. Gets about 14-16 MPG on average with the 4.0 motor. She cruises at 2,500 RPM at 70MPH +/- 1 mile all day and no hiccups. Can't complaint about that.

Dana 30f and 35r 4.10 gearing (correct Speedo gear for speedometer added by me)

Sounds great and I have made it more of a practical daily driver without going too crazy. Both my 7yo and myself love it. The suspension upgrades I did helped make it more stable at HWY speeds than what the PO had on there. Many, many upgrades to list and most of you have seen the progression of this build on my daily postings and such. No trailer queen, and definitely not a show unit, this is just a daily driver that can take it and keep on going.

See my first post on the '97 HERE

PO updated the following prior to me purchasing the vehicle:

• Radiator
  • Alternator
  • Power Steering Gearbox
  • Power Steering Pump
  • Distributor
  • Spark Plug Wires
  • Stainless Steel OE Brake lines
  • Brake Booster
  • Master Cylinder
  • Fuel Tank Skid Plate( I recently top coated it to make sure it stays shiny and rust free)
  • JKS front Track Bar
  • Rear Speaker bar with 4 speakers and tweeters (sounds very very good)

Few noteworthy upgrades:

• Brakes were redone in the Fall of 2019 as soon as I purchased the vehicle and the brake system bled/flushed. Have the receipts for labor and parts as well
  • Bilstein 5100 shocks
  • New ball joints and hub bearings (2020 with receipts for labor and parts)
  • Upgraded headlight wiring Harness from HERE
  • KC H4 conversion buckets with H4/H13 LED 3500K bulbs(Jeep will come with Sylvania Halogen bulbs if the new owner is not crazy about yellow LEDs)
  • Upgraded(new) gas tank skid plate
  • Gutted and bedlined interior
  • Steel Grab bars(Amazon brand)
  • New pair of 195db Horns from amazon to replace the weak stock units
  • New Tanned bikini top no box ready to install (Channel rail already installed on jeep)
  • Repaired hinges on stock sun visors. I don't use them, but it annoyed me that the stock ones were not moving well.
  • 3" Flared AEG tube fenders front
  • AEG through-body Rocker guard / Rock sliders
  • Upgraded big 3 (homebrewed)
  • Updated distributor pickup module (2020) with NGK unit
  • Corbeau Sport II Seats. Full tilt and recline front. I can drive all day in these things and easy to clean.
  • Smittybilt rear double folding Black denim
  • ZJ steering linkage upgrade with "cure" puck
  • 4.0 I6 with custom header back Flowmaster Hush Laminar muffler
  • New Factory injectors (older ones included with sale as well)
  • Windstar Airbox mod
  • Added new stay for the hood prop
  • Axle and transmission/transfer case fluids changed in the Spring of 2020
  • Lower Shifter boot replaced with NOS unit and tunnel sealed
  • Pro-Comp Rear Lower Control arms
  • New Prothane bushings for rear sway bar connecting rods
  • New Prothane rear bump stops
  • HVAC Intake Hood retrofit for newer style which covers the intake and makes the cabin a bit quieter and also helps with debris
  • Front cowl completely treated with heat insulation material quieter and cooler even on 100 plus degree days
  • New HVAC control coil all fan speeds work great!
  • New OEM Steering Damper
  • Double DIN SONY XAV-AX1000 with Sirius Satellite module installed and running perfectly
  • Kicker Speaker upgrade upfront (low sensitivity and sound amazing with the Sony head unit with good bass)
  • New Smittybilt side view mirrors installed on full hard doors(stock units are on half doors )
  • Smittybilt top and windows (tinted) new as of Spring of 2020
  • Alienshade style mesh(honestly can't say if it is gen as I bought it on Amazon last year) works well / does what it needs to do
  • Tailgate HD hinges
  • Bosch Icon wiper blades(wiper assembly was also lubed and serviced while I was under the cowl)
  • Modified reverse lights with LED bulbs and reflective material inside the housing to increase the brightness and light output)
  • Extra key made as it was sold to me with just one key. Now it comes with two keys
  • Smittybilt door check straps

Recently I added new:

• Fuel pump
  • Ignition Coil
  • Distributor Cap
  • Crankshaft Positioning Sensor
  • New O2 NGK sensors(1 and 2)
  • New PCM/ECU
  • 10" Rearview mirror installed
  • Door pin locks and keys that can be used with half doors and full doors
The Jeep will come with the half doors and solid uppers with sliding glass, as well as the new full doors I sourced for it last year. Currently all locks work with one key (rear tailgate, full doors) and I normally would just swap the lock to the half doors, or leave as is. Passenger side door lever changed(outside and inside) to new one for better function. New Smittybilt door straps installed to keep the doors from opening too far.

Has a Smittybilt HD rear bumper and a front Heavy duty bumper hitch receiver comes with free hitch safe ;)

UCF Aluminum Skid Plate and LoPro mount not yet installed comes with as well as a custom rear driveshaft I purchased for the SYE installation (depending on time I will either install it and sell installed, or include with the sale price of the jeep) Haven't had much time lately with moving and divorce and plant work.

Brand new SYE propeller/drive shaft comes with measured for an Advanced Adapters SYE kit.

I will throw in the GenRight Rear fender tube flares that I have for sale with the purchase as well.

Details of the vehicle:

Current mileage shows as 232,001 and will change as I am driving it daily. The motor was replaced at some point according to the PO and should have around 55k plus miles since installed. Originally an Emerald Green Pearl with beige interior. The PO painted the dash and panels black as well as bedlined the entre jeep inside and out. Currently the full doors I sourced have the correct being door cards.

Typical North East frame and body with PO performing patches on the frame prior to me purchasing and after(I added a driver's side rear body mount that the PO completely did not install for example). Most recently I added a rear driver's side horn repair to get rid of some rust to prevent further spread. Comes with a T-cap section for the passenger side (not needed yet but I purchased the Jeep and the PO included it in the sale) and a passenger side control arm repair section. Not needed but comes with. I have sealed and rust prevented the frame on different areas in order to ensure that the salt brine used in the winter didn't wreak havoc on the frame and body panels.

There IS body rust, but not too bad at all for a NJ and NY Jee and has been chemically treated and sealed.

Driver's floor board was patched by myself. Passenger is solid, and I replaced the front fenders with tube units from AEG. looks better and it helped with rust prevention.

Currently she is solid as is, although the torque boxes could use a replacement in two contact points on both sides in the next year or two. The AEG rocker guard provides support to these areas against the body mounts

Pro-Comp Xtreme MT tires and Pro-comp steel wheels. The tires still have the mold pricks on them.

Oil changes done on vehicle using either Mobil 1 or Castrol GTX or T4 oil. Wix oil filters used. New Spark Plugs as of last year(2020)

The vehicle will come with no Winch and no accessory lights but it is pre-wired for lights (A pillar/Windshield and for the front bumper). The stock light switches work correctly and no surprises.

The old radio bezel will come with as well as any odd spares I may have

Selling for a realistic and firm $4,000 OBRO as is.

Will add more details as I remember them or find paperwork for the work done. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

The vehicle is located in Rockville, MD

8E5EAB12-1365-4F5E-91DB-AB97D8E94F4B.jpeg

0BA4E209-D9FE-4D0C-B675-C26AF1C8E148.jpeg

6DE3447F-25D8-4491-B6F9-319D89E7C588.jpeg

BF9063E9-8C01-460E-87D3-C478BF4AB74E.jpeg

2D551924-C351-4280-A25D-C88CC5CBBA59.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Apparition and JMT
So awesome… ! Can you DM me to talk about it? I think my membership is too new to initiate convo.

Jeep is going home to Maryland for a bit. Still for sale just not eminent. Price back to normal sale price. Thanks Everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.