Seriously Cool Nasa Photos!

Ryan Thomas

I have no idea how I got here.
Supporting Member
NASA just uploaded 14000 photos of the Apollo missions to Flickr, and they are really cool!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/

Apollo.png

Reactions: Chris and MikeM
My biggest complaint about life in general is that I'll never get to know everything that is out there in our infinite universe before I die.

There's nothing at all that depresses me more.

My biggest complaint about life in general is that I'll never get to know everything that is out there in our infinite universe before I die.

There's nothing at all that depresses me more.
Shiiiiit... We don't even know what's on the bottom of our own oceans!!

Reactions: Frank
Shiiiiit... We don't even know what's on the bottom of our own oceans!!

My point exactly. I'll die one day never knowing what other life is out there, if there's other worlds with cities, technology so much different than ours, etc.

To me that just seems so unfair!

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Maybe after you 'die' ..... the secrets of the universe will be revealed to you ......
In many native cultures there is no concept of death ..... your life has just taken a different form.
In 60 years +/- the package that is you, Chris ........ will be worn out ..... but, what if the spirit that is Chris carries on ...... ?
Something to ponder and maybe ease the 'fear of death' that many folks have ....
You may find out that there really is a Sasquatch ..... or play with that dog that you loved so much when you were a boy ....
Who knows ?

Maybe after you 'die' ..... the secrets of the universe will be revealed to you ......
In many native cultures there is no concept of death ..... your life has just taken a different form.
In 60 years +/- the package that is you, Chris ........ will be worn out ..... but, what if the spirit that is Chris carries on ...... ?
Something to ponder and maybe ease the 'fear of death' that many folks have ....
You may find out that there really is a Sasquatch ..... or play with that dog that you loved so much when you were a boy ....
Who knows ?

Very philosophical, and I often think about things like this.

My step-dad and I were talking the other day about how maybe when you die it's like the movie inception where you exist in a plane of reality where 1 second is a hundred years.

Or maybe we're all living in a simulation?

No one can say for sure, but it's fun to think about and speculate.

But hey... There's always the possibility that nothing at all happens after you die. In which case, I guess that's just catching up on all the sleep you ever lost.

Who knows ?

To put this in car terms, in 60 years plus or minus @Chris is going to receive a complete frame off restoration :)